• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

White Plume Mountain map

JoeGKushner

First Post
kenobi65 said:
Only if the conversion makes it a significantly higher-level challenge than the original.

The original was for character levels 5-10 (nice broad range, huh?). Even taking into account that level progression is faster in 3.5 than it was in 1E, the Age of Worms series is already at least at that level, if not beyond. I just got my new Dungeon in the mail yesterday, and the AoW adventure in it is for 13th-level PCs (meaning that the PCs will be 14th or 15th by the time they finish it).

Well, the level progression of 5-10 was not because it was so adaptable, it was because the classes used different experience points as they went up in levels so that the barbarian from Unearthed Arcana required twice as much XP as the fighter who required more than the cleric, and the thief would be shooting through those low levels like an arrow.

mikeschley

First Post
Crothian said:
what's with the snakey K directional pointer? And what map do they have you doing next? :D

An illustration of the K symbol can be found in the original adventure, but I'll let you track it down to find out what it represents. ;)

As far as upcoming maps go, I can't speak directly about new adaptations for old-school adventures yet. I can say that I am currently working on maps and artwork for multiple upcoming core rulebooks and supplements. The next to be published include Races of Dragon and Red Hand of Doom.

Glad you guys like the cartography by the way. :)

the Jester

Legend
mikeschley said:
An illustration of the K symbol can be found in the original adventure, but I'll let you track it down to find out what it represents. ;)

As far as upcoming maps go, I can't speak directly about new adaptations for old-school adventures yet. I can say that I am currently working on maps and artwork for multiple upcoming core rulebooks and supplements. The next to be published include Races of Dragon and Red Hand of Doom.

Thanks for taking the time to post, Mike! :) I like the map quite a lot. Hope to see more of your work.

Remove ads