White Wolf

The_Gneech

Explorer
Well, you'll find my name in the credits of some older White Wolf stuff, but to be honest that was more because I went to college with Phil and Bill than because of any affection I had for the games. I did love their Street Fighter game and wrote quite a bit of stuff for that before it got yanked.

I like a lot of the current Sword and Sorcery stuff; the Tome of Horrors is my particular favorite, but I also quite like Creature Collection.

-The Gneech :cool:

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
*HUGE* Vampire fan here. Absolutely HUGE. By far the best gaming experiences in my life were in a couple of very long-term vampire chronicles I ran. I hero-worship White Wofl for this game line, and then moved that on to Justin Achilli for revitalizing the game line with the revised edition (which is what we play - not into the end of the world theme). But don't let Justin read this, because then he'll think that I hang out with him at the Cons as a fanboy, not for his company.

For d20 stuff, I've been a fan of Joseph Carricker's work for a long time (I host some of his Vampire: the Dark Ages fan material on my old Vampire website), so by extension, I checked out a lot of his d20 stuff and am quite happy with a majority of it. I love the Creature Collection Revised, and a bunch of the other books, although I don't play in the Scarred Lands, thus I don't buy a majority of the setting books.

Overall, I like White Wolf outside of the Vampire arena, and worship Vampire. There are other companies I'll buy from before White Wolf when it comes to d20, but the hardcover books they put out are near the top of my d20 list.

pensiv

Explorer
I used to play Storyteller games, and still do on occasion. I have not yet purchased any d20 material published by WW.

fnork de sporg

First Post
MY favorite white wolf game is Mage: The Sorceror's Crusade. What a friggin great diead for a game! I love mage, and I think we all share a fondness for the Renaissance. Heck, there are so few Renaissance games as it is, and I love how it fixes all the things I was ambivalent about in M:tA. And that one picture of the two rococo hot air war-baloons going at it, that one picture totally sold me. Gods does that game rawk.

Crothian

First Post
I buy quite a bity d20 WW games and am currently playing in a Vampire game. I'm really looking forward to the new games come August.

Samothdm

First Post
Welcome to the boards.

It doesn't seem right, me responding to this before Nightfall. Oh, well...

I use quite a bit of S&SS stuff for my campaign, including Relics & Rituals, Relics & Rituals II, and Secrets & Socieities. I also enjoyed reading through Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad.

As for non-Scarred Lands stuff, I have the Ravenloft Campaign Setting.

I use ideas from all of these books in my homebrew.

Voadam

Legend
I used to play in a longterm VtM chronicle and I was in a scarred lands pbp that unfortunately died off quickly.

I have a bunch of WW sourcebooks including four from when they did Ars Magica, Mage the Ascension, Mage the Sorcerer's Crusade, their infernalist book for MtSC, brujah clan book and anarchist's cookbook, GURPS VTM, Vampire companion, MTA, and WTA.

For d20 I have a bunch, R&R I & II, CC revised, CCIII, Ghelspad gazetteer, Player's guide to Fighters and barbarians, Hallowfaust and Burok Torn. Warcraft Manual of Monsters, Ravenloft CS, Denizens of Dread, Secrets of the Dread lands, Heroes of light and the evil counterpart, and a few counters from when Fiery Dragon was under the SSS/WW umbrella.

I also have freelance author credit in a few scarred lands products.

dreaded_beast

First Post
Welcome to ENWorld!

I'm currently DMing a campaign set in the Scarred Lands, and one of the players has purchased a good amount of material from S&S.

For myself, I find the WoD setting intriguing, but I didn't purchases the books from WW. I actually got the GURPS version of Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage. Hehe. ;)

frankthedm

First Post
Best WW product i have seen is the Bygone Bestiary, was for the Mage game's early time period, but is great for ANY game that uses monsters.

Remove ads