Spelljammer Who Are The Astral Elves (Todd Kendrick Spelljammer interview)

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
What's arcane maxim gun?
a maxim gun that solves the overheating problem and running out of bullets problem.
Why wouldn't elves have guns as well? They had Undead Giant Insect exosuits and could form Voltron. The Imperial Elven Navy was terrifying.
true but they have both the wrong mentality and the wrong tech tree to ever invent gun powder let alone a machine gun.
The elves were presented in a very "British Empire" way. They pretty much had the best of everything.
the British empire was never that way plus elves solve problems with magic, not engineering it happily explains so much of why elves do not just crush every other living thing in the universe also elves are not known for innovation besides really big magic stuff or getting really good with something.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I don't know. It sounds like we may get the Spelljammer Imperial Navy with its elven supremacy. If some Astral Elves work for the Empire and some work against it, there is no reason to stereotype the Astral Elves as all brutal or all benign.
I really enjoy the concept of the Astral being a repository for all thoughts, dreams, and memories. These millenia-old elves get bored and decide to forge Wildspace to give better memories and dreams to them.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I don't know. It sounds like we may get the Spelljammer Imperial Navy with its elven supremacy. If some Astral Elves work for the Empire and some work against it, there is no reason to stereotype the Astral Elves as all brutal or all benign.
I really enjoy the concept of the Astral being a repository for all thoughts, dreams, and memories. These millenia-old elves get bored and decide to forge Wildspace to give better memories and dreams to them.
I would honestly like at least one faction to use a more stereotypical spaceship just for the contrast with the flying galleons out there.
I hope the space elves have death star so I can blow it up next to their heaven.

I would honestly like at least one faction to use a more stereotypical spaceship just for the contrast with the flying galleons out there.
I hope the space elves have death star so I can blow it up next to their heaven.
This is the primary Elf Ship, according to the mini it’s been renamed to Star Moth.
man-o-war.jpg

Stormonu

Legend
the real question is will guns be an option in the astral sea as arcane maxim gun sounds like a great way to end elf superiority.
I don’t imagine any automatic weapons/machine guns will be available. Giff have previously had bombards, mortars and wheellocks (16th century pirate level, thereabouts). I think they are going to stay with that, as the second released adventure has the squid ship with catapults on it, not any gunnery weapons.

Remove ads