• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who are the big 3rd party publishers?

havard

Adventurer
I don't think they're doing anything for 4e or Pathfinder. With Mutants and Masterminds, Song of Fire and Ice RPG and others I think they've got their market elsewhere.

You may be right about that. There was talk of Freeport Companions for Pathfinder and 4E, but that might be it. As you say, they have their other product lines to focus on.

-Havard

I wouldn't say they're an 'active' publisher in the 4e space, but Kenzer & Co. revised their Kalamar setting to be 4e compatible. After that, I don't think they have anything that's not 3e or 3.5e available. Nothing for Pathfinder. They're more into their Aces & Eights setting, which I hope is going well for them, but I would dearly love to seem them crank out more 4e stuff. I generally think their quality is very high when it comes to IP and research.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Yes, although they haven't really released anything much for 4e in the past year - something like 3 or 4 products (Crime Pays, I think was the most recent one). Understandably they've been busy with the DCC RPG.

Pinotage

I would guess that once the DCC RPG is out, there will be no new 4E products (unless the DCC RPG is unsuccessful).

howandwhy99

Adventurer
You might think of asking on the Wizards boards. If only because they would probably keep track of material like this.

holygrail033.jpg

Dark Mistress

First Post
Depends on what you mean by big. I mean do you mean size of the company? or do you mean number of products they make? I mean Mongoose and Green Ronin are big and both have made 4e and Pathfinder stuff but very little. While 4 Wind Fantasy Games is pretty small but have made over a dozen books for Pathfinder, as a example.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads