• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

who do you want to see create sword coast content ?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It depends on how good the tools are. If they're as good as the NWN tools were, then I'll be all over it. Last I saw though, you could just create a random dungeon?

Modding, modding, modding. Skyrim and Neverwinter Nights set the standard for modding. People created entire continents, and created their own 3D models, etc.
Look at this, a Beholder for Skyrim.
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/559256-beholders-for-skyrim/

If they don't allow wide open tools, then it will get played once and then I'll be on to the next game.
This game doesn't look that different than Diablo, Torchlight, or Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. Other than the DM thing.

Heck the modding for Titan Quest was awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egpWkuqcHjo

Just look at the little marketing picture of what you get. They say you get "Lost Mines Dungeon Tile Set"
So what does that mean? They are going to sell other dungeon tile sets. So if you want to make an adventure that isn't in a Mine, you have to buy more tiles. WTF!

edit!
Woops I misread OP, thought it said "What do you want to see" but it says "Who do you want to see"
I want to see the entire world make content!

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
It depends on how good the tools are. If they're as good as the NWN tools were, then I'll be all over it. Last I saw though, you could just create a random dungeon?

Correct, that's where it stands now. Hugely customizable random dungeons.

SCL's DM Mode is not close to the NWN tools, from all reports I've read. On the other hand, it's easier to use. So there's the trade-off.

To whit, none of the videos I've seen have looked like anything more than a pretty version of a dungeon-crawler like Diablo. No examples of deep storytelling, or cool things you can do with scripting. It's definitely designed "for the gamer masses", which seems to fit with the concurrent shift of WOTC away from GenCon and toward Pax, from what I can tell.

Remove ads