• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

who else loves the C&C...?

Phantos

First Post
I recently discovered C&C.
It's like finding 1E all over again!

(except I am alot fatter, older, hairier and intoxicated...)

anybody else digging it?

Last edited:

Shadowslayer

Explorer
C&C rocks. Been a fan for a couple years now. (since it was released, whenever that was)

Bit of a pain trying to find guys that want to give up their 3e time to play some though. You want a game of C&C, you have to intro non-rpg people to it...they're not so set in their ways. That's been my experience anyway...either non-rpg people, or gamers who don't care about a character "build".

As they say: Welcome to the Crusade!

Ulrick

First Post
I liked C&C too. Unfortunately I couldn't find or convince people to play it. And so when some financial difficulties came my way I sold the books. :(

Treebore

First Post
jeffh said:
I think you'll find that C&C is very popular on these boards.

I don't know about very popular, but its popular enough to be rated one of the top 5 RPG company/games in ***** magazine. Meaning in an issue I don't know if it has been printed yet, so I don't want to prematurely say anything.

The number of letters should clue people into the right gaming magazine in which to look for the info, though. If its been published, or soon will be. I don't follow the mag, just saw something posted by someone who works there.

S'mon

Legend
Yeah, I like it, and am now running my 2nd C&C PBEM, I've been getting into the C&C mindset, which was initially a bit of a problem. The breakthrough was seeing how another GM ran C&C*, which gave me a better feeling for class balance, how things fit together, and how the game is meant to be played - eg I now realise that in C&C it's important to start PCs at 1st level, which is already powerful (like 1e AD&D), whereas in B/X D&D 1st level is 'mook' level (the average soldier is already F1, C1s don't even get spells) and in 3e it's promising but still very vulnerable, so B/X and 3e both suit starting higher, perhaps 3rd. Likewise C&C is designed around a 1-12 progression, really, not 1-20, that's how the Siege Engine system works best, so converting from D&D you need to tweak the NPC level distribution at the high end.

*City of Thieves pbem: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CoT_RPG/?yguid=216673245

Remove ads