• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Else Thinks This Chick is Hot?

Is This Chick Hot?

• YES, she is hot!

Votes: 246 46.6%
  • NO, she is NOT hot!

Votes: 66 12.5%
  • DUDE, it's just some art, get a life!

Votes: 216 40.9%

Quartz

Hero
She loses it in the brains department: a two-handed sword (no way that's a bastard sword) in one hand and an axe in the other.

Farganger

First Post
Corinth said:
D&D PCs--in actual play--are far closer to professional soldiers, spies and criminals than comic book or blockbuster action heroes. Figures that don't conform to the known standard traits and features required to successfully achieve that status--especially the specifics of a given specific profession--fail to create credible fictions; this is why reality trumps fantasy, why truth is stranger than fiction, and why verisimilitude matters at all times in all things.

Since "professional soldiers, spies and criminals" in the real world -- and, in particular, many of those who are "heroic" or otherwise exceptional -- don't seem to conform to particular bodytypes, I'm not sure why you'd expect those in a fantasy world to do so.

As a former professional soldier (and avid consumer of biographies), I'm really not buying the "she's too skinny/he's too fat to be an adventurer" idea. Other "traits and features" may be arguable, but looking for "conforming" bodytypes may be a bit much.

Sejs

First Post
Quartz said:
She loses it in the brains department: a two-handed sword (no way that's a bastard sword) in one hand and an axe in the other.
You know, I totally didn't even see that axe until you pointed it out. Nice catch.

Maybe it's a throwing axe? That'd explain it reasonably well. *shrug*

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Klaus said:
Someone mentioned hot chicks?

I just realized that these were Klaus' art, so I'm going be more specific about what i meant in my prev post so I am not as much of a dick as before.

druid_amazon.jpg

The line quality is pretty awesome and so is the color. I Think something is a tad off on background color to figure color. Perhaps to much isolation. I like the soft gradients. Something looks off on the thorn beast i cant quite place it though. I really dig the druids armor though.

wonder_woman.jpg

This is the one i was talking about most in my prev post. I think its the strange couture light looks a little fizzley, alot of the black lines also suffer from this. I think these set it apart from the background. They fight each other. Also Something about it makes me think its not fully finished. I cant quite place it.

The hotness: *on topic*

The raven head is more my view of hot. She wins the cake, however the blond i think is the better peace of art, I just feel the jaw is much too brawd for my taste of hotness.

Klaus

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
I just realized that these were Klaus' art, so I'm going be more specific about what i meant in my prev post so I am not as much of a dick as before.

druid_amazon.jpg

The line quality is pretty awesome and so is the color. I Think something is a tad off on background color to figure color. Perhaps to much isolation. I like the soft gradients. Something looks off on the thorn beast i cant quite place it though. I really dig the druids armor though.

wonder_woman.jpg

This is the one i was talking about most in my prev post. I think its the strange couture light looks a little fizzley, alot of the black lines also suffer from this. I think these set it apart from the background. They fight each other. Also Something about it makes me think its not fully finished. I cant quite place it.

The hotness: *on topic*

The raven head is more my view of hot. She wins the cake, however the blond i think is the better peace of art, I just feel the jaw is much too brawd for my taste of hotness.
Thanks for the in-depth review, Moonlancer.

I'm actually learning the trade as I go. The blonde (Amazon Druid) was done almost three years ago, while Wonder Woman was done last month. They're actually two different techniques. In the Druid, I painted her fully in grayscale, then colored her, and added the thornie (the plant dog) and background later. I might actually go back and re-do that background now that I'm a bit better on landscapes.

Wonder Woman was done in ink, then scanned and colored taking cues from the DC Comics Guide to Coloring and Lettering Comics. The style comes closest to what Adam Hughes used when he did Wonder Woman covers. The background is fully painted, though.

Oh, and the Amazon Druid had a model, whereas Wonder Woman sprung up fully formed from my forehead. :D

Moon-Lancer

First Post
No problem, I realized my prev prev post wasen't really fair, and that i should rethink what i said. I understand now that you were just trying a new style and that accounted for the popping lines, and odd photoshop quality. Right now i seem to be a slave to line art-fill in the blanks as well, and I am also trying to break loose. Block painting and traditional painting imho is the way to go. don't give up.

Also I was wondering if that was wonder women or not :p . Looks like its her day off.

Last edited:

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
*shrug* The redhead looks like she should be saying "I don't eat meat because I'm a veterinarian." She has that vacant look like when Paris Hilton gets photographed. The 1 finger diet needs to stop. Give her a sammich.

The blonde barbarian don't need no sammich but still has that Paris Hilton vacant look.

Still like the pics of Lidda in the PHB - exploding cigar especially. Heck, thought she was kinda cool in that D&D game for the X-Box.

Sejs

First Post
Nuclear Platypus said:
The blonde barbarian don't need no sammich but still has that Paris Hilton vacant look.

That's a vacant look on the blonde?

Man if that's vacant for her, I'd hate to see her pissed-off glare.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads