Who else wants more posticons-smilies?

Turanil

First Post
Okay: soon we get the new server machines, plus the new pictograms by Michael Morris... Well, I also would like (my Christmas wishlist here) to get more posticons / smilies. Is it possible? :eek:

If anybody else agrees with that essential feature, just say it here!

Berandor

lunatic
I disagree. I don't like smilies save for their most necessary use - do denote humour where simply phrasing might not be enough.

Otherwise, the proliferation of emoticons irks me. They're often used to denote other postes, which can also be seen in the frequent clamoring for the roll-eyes smilie. Other uses are simply unnecessary or even unfitting, like your eeking smilie above.

I'd be fine if all emoticons were disassembled save for the "winker" ;)

Michael Morris

First Post
It took me 3 months of hassling to get Russ to increase the smiley count to 15.

After the code upgrade I intend to install a patch that will allow individual users to turn smileys on and off. I might be able to get Russ and Kevin to reconsider the issue at that point, but certainly not before ;)

Zappo

Explorer
I don't feel the need for more smilies. I don't use many of them anyway. On other boards, it seems that complex smilies are often used in place of content. Overall, I'm rather indifferent to the matter.

Greylock

First Post
:-/

I'm fine without the cartoon smilies. Fugheddabut Nutkinland, Randomling has them aplenty. I usually do fine with script smilies. ;p

Turanil

First Post
Mmmmh... It seems that a minority wants more, and the "overlord" is opposed to the idea... Mmmmh.... :( Looks like we can abandon the proposal...

Remove ads