Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

While Talbot doesn't seem especially pleased with the crowds and the climb, Midian brings him along, anyway. With their recent troubles, he figures the group can use any aid they can get; at least once, it was his companion's senses that warned him of danger in time to survive it. He leaves him outside the front door to rest and keep watch.

Inside the shop, Midian hangs back. Whisper is clearly best-equipped to handle the negotiation, so the druid holds his tongue and tries to keep his eyes and ears open.

Mista Collins

First Post
Leaving whisper to do the talking, Seria sits and observes everything going on. Looking at all these wonderful maps, she can't help and think to herself how much of the world she has yet to see.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Of course, We'd be more than happy to. No one is better equipped for the task. Since you've already got a map, a minor fee of 2 gold pieces for services rendered in identifying the location would be required." With the transaction handled, the gnome takes the copy of the map over to one of her pages. She instructs the young man as he carefully examines the coast and compares it to one of the charts of the region. "This here, the U-shaped section, that resembles the northern coast of Tempest Isle." the page says to Shiza. "These smaller islands are likely the Tempest Straits, and to the northeast this peninsula is likely part of Traglorn isle." Shiza smiles and says, "Very good Dominic, and what can you tell me about Tempest Isle?"
You feel a bit of nostalgia in the way Shiza phrases her questions to the page. It reminds you of the way your instructors would speak when they were trying to draw out answers from their students. The page describes Tempest Isle as a sparsely populated island despite its size. The land is mountainous and rocky, poorly suited to farming. The flat areas near the ocean house the majority of the islands population. The Tempest Straits are a series of jagged rocks, most no larger than an acre of land, that dot the waters at either arm of the "U" shaped northern coast.
After the page has finished his recitation on the geography of the region, Shiza turns back to you and thanks you, asking if there is anything else she can help you with.

jkason

First Post
SelcSilverhand said:
After the page has finished his recitation on the geography of the region, Shiza turns back to you and thanks you, asking if there is anything else she can help you with.

"Do you happen to have a good map of the Tempest Isle and Straights? Obviously ours is missing quite a few details."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Of course, we have maps of all kinds here. The sale of our highly accurate maps is what keeps our business alive. I have here a map of that region, including sailing charts and the major features of the island itself. Perfect if you are planning a trip out that way. I can sell it to you for a reasonable 30 gold pieces. If you only require the sailing charts we could negotiate a cheaper price."

Midian
[SBLOCK]
While Shiza extols the virtues of her maps, you suddenly feel a general sense of unease through your empathic link with Talbot.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
"In for a copper, in for a crown," Whisper comments. "We'll take the lot, please. Sailing and detailed maps."

She considers, then asks, "Out of curiosity, has anyone else shown interest in this area lately to your recollection?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"No more than usual, the area between those two islands is well trafficked. It's a trade route between this city and Port Krez. It's not as well trafficked as the route north around Traglorn isle due to the Tempest Straits, strong current, and the ever-present danger of piracy. I haven't sold any maps for that region in, oh, say about a month or so. "

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Even as Whisper is producing coins, Midian stiffens. He glances toward the door, then moves to Seria's side, whispering "Talbot's sensing something wrong. I think we need to get moving. Now."

Mista Collins

First Post
"All this talk of maps is started to make my head hurt." Seria says almost with a sense of urgency. "I'll be outside getting some fresh air. Do be quick Whisper, you know how impatient I can get."

Remove ads