Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Bront

The man with the probe
Johan is wearing his chain shirt for the voyage, just in case he needs to swim, but for this task, he goes to don his leather (Man, he has way to many suits of armor).

"I don't know, but we may not have to go down far," Johan says. "How good of a swimmer are you?"

Mista Collins

First Post
"Back home in Passage, father would allow me to swim as a child. But ever since my thirteenth naming day, he wanted me to focus on other things. In a calm pool where I can find footing, I can handle my own. Out here, I am a fish out of water." Seria states with a smile at the terrible pun.

jkason

First Post
Ooc

Shayuri said:
Whisper then peers over the railing at the wrecked ship. "Do we have enough potions and scrolls for this? I'd hate to investigate here, only to find we lack the resources to properly investigate our true goal."

OOC: We never decided how many we were getting. With gear and reward, we had 700 apiece on our last loot split. At Johan's discount, we can get three water breathing scrolls (~an hour and a half of breathing per person per scroll if split between the four of us) for 1012.5 gp. That's 253 gold apiece (253.5 from Midian. 5 silvers is easy to give in favor of less math, says I). Does that sound reasonable to everyone, or do you think we'll want / need more?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
There are two ways you can enter the ship. You can enter through the partially submerged hatch on the deck or dive in and swim through the hole in the hull. Or let me know any other actions you would like to take.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Bront said:
"I don't know, but we may not have to go down far," Johan says. "How good of a swimmer are you?"

"I'm passable, I'd say, and I have been working in the water since discovering we were taking this mission. I guess I still cram for exams, eh?"

Patting his backpack, he says "We've got three scrolls. I'd imagine we can spare one if it comes to it here. Between that and Seeqir in the water, I should think we can keep from drowning naturally. All the same, I'd suggest we take the faintly dry way first?" here the young druid points to the partially-sumberged hatch. "No use wasting the scrolls if we don't have to."

Mista Collins

First Post
"I agree." Seria says as she turns to the sailor on the rower's bench. "Can you take us a little closer?"

Once the sailor steers the small launch so that the group can board the wreckage, Seria steps off. Careful to maintain her balance, she walks over to the hatch.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The inside of the cargo hold is dark and the air has a foul odor to it. The angle of the half-sunken ship provides a narrow ledge on the starboard side to stand on where the water is only ankle deep. A few floating crates bob in the water here and there. Below the surface of the water you can see floating masses of sailcloth and netting. The rest of the cargo hold is shrouded in darkness. As you move farther into the cargo hold to make room for the others descending the stairs, Seria suddenly feels something bump against her leg. Looking down she sees a horrid sight. A pale human leg, severed above the kneecap, rolling around in the shallow waters.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
Through his connection with Seeqir, Midian can sense him moving around in the water outside the ship. He senses strong curiosity and a bit of hunger as he picks up the faint traces of food in the water.
[/SBLOCK]

MAP
[SBLOCK]
The flooring is slippery, any quick movements will require a balance check.

####
#B N #
# W#
# B M#
# J#
X S#
# B #
# N#
####

B = Box
X = Hole
N = Netting

W = Whisper (Standing on the Hatch stairs)
M = Midian
J = Johan
S = Seria
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads