• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Mista Collins

First Post
"Such the gentleman, Johan. I can see why the ladies back at school were quite the fans." Seria says with sweet smile and thick tone of sarcasm.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With the ship on its side, the water is much deeper farther into the cargo hold. You can feel submerged objects bumping against you as you move over to the crates. Each one is tightly sealed but Midian and Johan use their weapons to pry the tops open. Inside the first crate there are several thick, oily sheets. Prying them back reveals the gleam of metal. You find six sets of chainshirts, expertly crafted and strangely lighter than a normal shirt. The metal gleams in the faint light in an unusual way.
The second crate contains three smaller crates, each one locked with twin padlocks.
The final crate opens to reveal several sets of fine clothes for women and men. Nestled in the center is a large iron bound chest. Its keyhole is centered in a bright red oval surrounded by a gaping, fanged mouth.

Shayuri

First Post
On catching glimpses of the crates, Whisper casts a simple magic detection cantrip and manuevers to include all the crates within its range...even straying into the hold herself if necessary.

(Detect magic)

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian frowns as they find the materials in the hold.

"I'd guess this wasn't piracy, then, with valuable goods left behind, but I'm not sure if that makes me less or more nervous about what tore this ship in half.

"In either case, we should get these to the boat. I'm sure the captain will take some comfort from the dangers we face when she sees we've some valuable salvage."

Mista Collins

First Post
Eying the locked chest carefully, Seria examines them to make sure there are no dangers if she tries to unlock them. "I wonder what we have in these."

OOC - Search +11, Disable Device +8, Open Lock +9.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Whisper
[SBLOCK]
You sense several auras emanating from the crates. The chain shirts, the three sealed boxes, and the locked chest all have magical auras. Of note, is the moderate aura of necromancy coming from the chest Seria is fiddling with.
[/SBLOCK]

Seria examines the chest but doesn't find anything that looks dangerous. She jiggles her picks in the keyhole, but can't seem to find the right tumbler combination. Perhaps in better light and in a drier location she'll be able to focus on the task better.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
1d20+11=14 Search
1d20+9=16 Open Lock

Most of the hold is underwater, ranging from waist to shoulder deep depending on how far in you go. The boxes were sealed well enough to float to the top. The water is murky now with crab ichor and debris, so it's hard to see if there is anything else underwater.
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, let's get these boxes back on the ship. They aren't doing anyone any good here."

Johan will push the crates to the opening, and help get them up so they can get them on the ship.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper sucks in a breath and calls, "Seria, wait! That chest has magic on it. Potentially very dangerous magic. Best not to tamper with it until we can neutralize the spells on it."

Remove ads