• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

At Whisper's warning, Midian nods. "Then we should definitely get these moved and secured," he says, putting his back into helping shift the crates.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
It takes all of you to maneuver the heavy crates out of the cargo hold and out onto the deck of the ship. From there it takes several trips to move the crates back to the ship. After hearing what you encountered on board, Captain Fairwright orders the sails up and puts the Stalwart Mariner back on course. She says, "Perhaps it is best if we don't know what happened to her or where she sailed from. Not only do we have to worry about whatever tore apart the ship, but someone may come looking for her cargo."
After the ship is underway again, Seria moves the locked chest off to one side and takes her time to closely examine the chest again. This time she discovers a series of runes carved into the wood and metal. She very carefully uses a small knife to alter the runes subtly. She takes a deep breath and tries the tumblers again. When she opens the chest there is a startling pop and hissing sound as foul smelling smoke suddenly rises from the lid. It looks as though she was able to successfully disable the trap and caused it to malfunction. Inside she find several objects, all wrapped in expensive red satin cloth. She sees two rings of silver, a small black ball, and two flasks that look like potions.
She moves on to the three padlocked crates and checks them over. None appear to be trapped and she easily pops the locks off each one. Each crate holds a different object. The first holds a strange looking shortspear. The shaft is made of wood and is still covered in bark. It looks like it was just cut this morning! The second box holds a quiver of crossbow bolts, each one looking more like a needle with a hole tube at the end. Also in the crate is a bizzare looking crossbow with a crank and a magazine attached to the top. The third box holds a disturbing looking battleaxe. The metal is heat seared black and has thick red veins running from the outer edges of the blade all the way down to the handle. When you touch it, you can almost feel it pulsing with its own heartbeat.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Good job, Seria," Midian congratulates his companion. "I just wish we had a way of finding out what all these pieces do... after all, you don't throw magical traps on benign objects, do you?"

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper eagerly pushes in, her eyes widening on seeing the items.

"This is a rich find...almost too rich. We must be cautious in what we do with these, for it's likely someone has an interest in them..."

"Now let me see what I can see..."

She casts her spell again and her eyes shine with magic potency as she examines the items.

(Detect Magic...again. I gotta get a Wand of Identify or something. :))

Mista Collins

First Post
With a sigh, Seria leans back as the others examine the items in the boxes she opened.

Whisper said:
"This is a rich find...almost too rich. We must be cautious in what we do with these, for it's likely someone has an interest in them..."

"Indeed this was a rich find. If I wasn't worried about whatever did that damage back there at that boat coming after us, I would have suggested us looking for some clues as to what might have caused it. Or search for the Captain's log to see where they were going to or coming from." Seria says as the party continues their journey. "Did most of that haul radiate magic, Whisper?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Johan will examine the mithril chain shirts, and upon finding one that fits him and compliments his figure, don it instead of his leathers (and eventualy sell his leather and chain shirt, but for now leave them in his room).

"How do I look ladies?"

Mista Collins

First Post
"It looks good, but I think it would look better on me." Seria says with a wink. "Well on a serious note, I think one of those light chain shirts might be a little better than my leathers."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, take your leathers off here and you can try it on," Johan says with a wink.

"There are enough for everyone, if you want one."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper rolls her eyes.

"Shall I become a male so I can leer too?" she asks dryly, "As for the chain shirts, you might want to wait until we've been able to analyze the magic in more detail. Not all infused items are beneficial to the wearer."

Remove ads