• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Mista Collins

First Post
At the description of how much magical equipment is there, Seria's jaw drops a little bit. "How much would that many scrolls cost? I've never really looked into purchase scrolls since I don't know how to use them."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian sighs heavily, both in awe and exhaustion.

"Well, I suppose if we survive this, Johan's house or our employers might be willing to pay for the identification of these objects, yes? Or maybe we could get a group discount?"

He shrugs. "It's worth a try, at least. Though it might be nice to know what they do now; could come in handy."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper shrugs. "They'd cost quite a sum. Assuming a vendor had twelve to sell at all, I'd expect to pay maybe fifteen hundred in gold for the lot of them."

She sighs. "I never expected to say this, but I can see the virtue of book magic now. Ah well. Even if I knew how to cast the spell myself, it would still be very expensive."

Bront

The man with the probe
Johan nods, "We'd be better findind a friend who can tag them at cost, or perhaps an item that helped identify them. Do you remember if Mithril radiates magic, and if they were all the same? That might help."

OOC: It'd be interesting to see if we could aquire an item that did an Identify once per day. Not sure how much it would cost.

OOC: My first D20 GM did this to us. Gave us more treasure than we could carry, and no way to identify it, so we had to pick from treasure when we had no clue what it was. Of course I later found out he never figured out what it was till we actualy figured out how to ID the stuff. Hense the +1 Ghost Touch Bastard Sword of Throwing. :uhoh:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Actually, we could get an Eternal Wand of Identify. It'd cast Identify 2/day, and never run out. Not terribly expensive either.)

The changeling shakes her head. "Mithril isn't by itself magical. Exceptionally durable and light, but not magical. And all I can see is the type of magic. Two abjurations of equal strength can mean two wildly different effects. Time will tell."

She pauses, then adds, "If you want to try some armor, it should be safe. I can't imagine six suits of cursed or botched armor being shipped. It's usually pretty rare."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
My group got me into the habit of not giving out identify scrolls because they wanted to just try gear out. They got a lot of use out of the Blindly Activate part of Use Magic Device. I forgot Whisper didnt have the spell, so I ll come up with something for you.

Out of curiousity, how would an eternal wand handle an expensive material component? With most wands the price of 50 charges includes the cost of 50 components. Would you supply the component each time, or just make the wand more expensive to cover the cost?

Johan slips on the chain shirt and holds his breath. After a tense moment he relaxes and tries moving about in it. The chain shirt flexes and moves as easily as his finest cloth shirt. The faint sound of the fine metal links clinking sounds almost like music. He doesnt immediately notice any ill effects.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - The wand would be more expensive. The standard cost for a 1st level spell in an eternal wand, plus 5000gp for the 50 pearls needed. I...guess. But then an eternal wand is more like a wondrous item...I'm not sure how it handles material components. At level 4 I can have Whisper spell swap in Identify...perhaps that would be best. We can't be TOO far from that by now.)

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

SelcSilverhand said:
Johan slips on the chain shirt and holds his breath. After a tense moment he relaxes and tries moving about in it. The chain shirt flexes and moves as easily as his finest cloth shirt. The faint sound of the fine metal links clinking sounds almost like music. He doesnt immediately notice any ill effects.

Midian's shoulders relax, and he picks up one of the rings, turning it in the light. "That's a good sign, I'd say. I don't suppose we want to push our luck and try on these rings?"

Remove ads