• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Mista Collins

First Post
Glad to have Midian and his companion, Seria watches as he sends the squid on his search. "Wish I had some of your talents, Midian. I never really paid close attention in the classes where animals were involved."

Bront

The man with the probe
"It's not my fault I have a natural animal magnitism. You could have tried sitting farther away you know," Johan says.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Bront said:
"It's not my fault I have a natural animal magnitism. You could have tried sitting farther away you know," Johan says.

Midian rolls his eyes. "And people wonder why I do better with creatures who can't speak," he says, though it's clear he's holding back a chuckle.

Bront

The man with the probe
jkason said:
Midian rolls his eyes. "And people wonder why I do better with creatures who can't speak," he says, though it's clear he's holding back a chuckle.
"Careful how you word that my friend. People might start getting the wrong idea, being a druid and all." Johan suggest before quickly changing the subject. "How deep is the water here? Think we have a rope long enough to reach the bottom?"

Shayuri

First Post
"I think it's time we broke out those scrolls we paid for," Whisper suggests a bit dryly.

"It should be close enough to find from here, if it's not too deep."

Mista Collins

First Post
"Not too deep? One hundred and fifty feet or so is a lot deeper than I am completely comfortable with." Seria says as she collects herself. "But I guess I should muster up my sense of adventure."

jkason

First Post

Shayuri said:
"I think it's time we broke out those scrolls we paid for," Whisper suggests a bit dryly.

"It should be close enough to find from here, if it's not too deep."

Midian jabs his thumb in the direction of the porthole. "Since those pieces churned up after a storm, I'm mildly concerned they may have drifted considerably from their source. I figured Seeqir can take a look, and if he finds evidence of something near here on the bottom, then we'd use a scroll? Since we don't know if the cargo's going to be difficult to secure, I thought we might want to save them until we absolutely have to. If we're lucky, we can take the diving bell down right on top of our goal."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
It is late afternoon before Midian's companion returns from the depths. A soft splashing off the starboard side announces his return. You hurry over and lean over the rail to see what is going on. Seeqir hovers in the water a few feet from the hull clutching a brown lump in one tentacle. It hands over the fragment to Midian who holds up a chunk of wood similiar to what was recovered from the nets. Seeqir swims out a ways from the ship and splashes again to indicate a course of direction. The sailors cheer at the sight and get to work bringing the ship about. After two hours travel Seeqir stops leading the ship and begins swimming in circles, indicating that you have arrived.

jkason

First Post

SelcSilverhand said:
It is late afternoon before Midian's companion returns from the depths. A soft splashing off the starboard side announces his return. You hurry over and lean over the rail to see what is going on. Seeqir hovers in the water a few feet from the hull clutching a brown lump in one tentacle. It hands over the fragment to Midian who holds up a chunk of wood similiar to what was recovered from the nets. Seeqir swims out a ways from the ship and splashes again to indicate a course of direction. The sailors cheer at the sight and get to work bringing the ship about. After two hours travel Seeqir stops leading the ship and begins swimming in circles, indicating that you have arrived.

Midian smiles as the crew slows the ship, sending his thanks and approval through his connection to Seeqir. "Good that we saved the scrolls," he says to his friends. "I'm not sure I'd have liked slogging this far under the water.

"I suggest we take the diving bell down as far as we can first. Get a feel for things before we use the scrolls."

Remove ads