• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Bront

The man with the probe
jkason said:
Midian's shoulders relax, and he picks up one of the rings, turning it in the light. "That's a good sign, I'd say. I don't suppose we want to push our luck and try on these rings?"
"My friend, I'm sorry, but I just don't feel that way about you," Johan smirks. "Perhaps it's best we wait on something like that. The shirts are one thing, but rings can be a different level of comitment."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Bront said:
"My friend, I'm sorry, but I just don't feel that way about you," Johan smirks. "Perhaps it's best we wait on something like that. The shirts are one thing, but rings can be a different level of comitment."

Midian rolls his eyes. "All my girlish dreams of marrying a paladin, crushed before me," he says with considerably sarcasm. "But point taken. We'll see if your shirt slowly turns you into a kobold or something before we trust all these enchantments are benign."

Mista Collins

First Post
jkason said:
Midian rolls his eyes. "All my girlish dreams of marrying a paladin, crushed before me," he says with considerably sarcasm. "But point taken. We'll see if your shirt slowly turns you into a kobold or something before we trust all these enchantments are benign."

"A kobold? That would be vast improvement." Seria says with a smile full of honey. "You should consider getting that done."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper can't help but crack a smile, then gestures. "Let's lock all this up in that chest, then secure it. Best if we don't let on to the crew what we've found so far. I'll tell the captain we're done here."

She looks at the others quizzically. "We -are- done here, yes?"

(you know, it's funny, but I just had this flash that Whisper looks and sounds kind of like Raven from that silly Teen Titans cartoon...grey skin, dour demeanor...my brain is strange when I wake up too early on the weekend)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Whisper informs the Captain about what they found in the chests. The Captain examines the items and says that normally she would take a percentage of the salvage rights but after seeing what you've found she tells you she's not interested. "Those items were meant for someone important and they will likely be looking for them. I wouldn't want to be caught with them if they catch up." She points at the seal on the chest that held the rings and flasks. "That is a symbol of the Blood of Vol. I'd rather not make enemies of them."

Know. Religion DC15
[SBLOCK]
The Blood of Vol is a cult with a strong presence in Karranth and the Lhazaar Principalities. Their followers are secretive, but it is widely known that they practice blood rituals and have many undead followers.
[/SBLOCK]

The ship sails onward. The next two weeks pass quickly for you as the ship navigates the treacherous waters of the Straits. You learn a little about how to coil rope, trim sails, and catch fish from the ships crew while you travel. During the afternoon you can sometimes see Traglorn Isle to the south of you. The captain keeps the ship far from shore to avoid the numerous jagged rocks. On the 18th day at sea, a squall blows up and you are forced below decks while the crew fights to keep the ship off the rocks. Luckily, it passes quickly before you are blown onto the rocks. The next morning one of the sailors pulling in the fishing nets calls for your attention. In the nets are some waterlogged chunks of wood. The sailor tells you that it's possible that the storm stirred up some debris from nearby. The Captain slows the ship and begins slowly circling. "We're close to the area marked on your map. We'll continue circling the area and hopefully we'll get lucky." After taking soundings of the bottom, you can tell that the water is nearly 150' deep at this point. Looking over the side, you can see blurry light and dark patches but can't make out many details of the bottom from here.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

SelcSilverhand said:
The ship sails onward. The next two weeks pass quickly for you as the ship navigates the treacherous waters of the Straits. You learn a little about how to coil rope, trim sails, and catch fish from the ships crew while you travel.

In between his duties, Midian is often hanging over the side of the railing, communing with his new companion. He spends some time perfecting the right whistle to carry correctly underwater, and later finds a low porthole from which he can hang small loads he eventually coaxes Seeqir to tug for short periods of time. Whether due to their bond or Midian's innate skill, Seeqir seems to take to the training quite well.

[sblock=OOC]Midian uses the "teach trick" component of Handle Animal (both tricks listed have a DC 15):

Teach "Come"=33
Teach "Work"=18[/sblock]

On the 18th day at sea, a squall blows up and you are forced below decks while the crew fights to keep the ship off the rocks. Luckily, it passes quickly before you are blown onto the rocks. The next morning one of the sailors pulling in the fishing nets calls for your attention. In the nets are some waterlogged chunks of wood. The sailor tells you that it's possible that the storm stirred up some debris from nearby. The Captain slows the ship and begins slowly circling. "We're close to the area marked on your map. We'll continue circling the area and hopefully we'll get lucky."

Midian, struck with an idea, uses the shrill whistle he's trained Seeqir to attend to. Taking some of the wood chunks, he passes them out to the squid, charging him "Friend, we've got a boat to find. More like this on the bottom? Bring it to me."

[sblock=OOC]I'm trying to use the Fetch trick to send Seeqir below. "Seek" specifically called for finding living things, so it seemed to me Fetch was the closest to a Search trick as I could come up with.[/sblock]

Remove ads