Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
I search and searched but I couldn't find a sunken ship graphic that I liked. So I stole the one from Stormwrack and played around with GIMP to add in some sails and ropes =P
It's hard to see, but there is a ladder to the lower deck on the port side of the main mast.
[/SBLOCK]

sunkenship1.jpg

Mista Collins

First Post
A little frightened by the sight of something dark in the water, Seria slowly swims closer to the ship, hoping to get a better look at what it might hide.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper twists to keep an eye on Midian and his companion and awkwardly tries to stay close to them. She experiments with pronouncing spells as well, just to make sure she can cast them when needed here underwater. Her cloak takes getting used to, swirling around her with every movement, every eddy, like a thing alive. Her clothes as well are flowing and loose...not well suited to an aquatic environment.

If it wasn't for Johan enjoying it too much, I could just haven taken these things off. And if it wasn't for mortifying Seria, I could change into a male and still take them off. The challenges of travelling with shape-bound people... Hmm. I wonder if there's aquatic races I could emulate. I'll have to research that some time...

Oblivious to the shadowy shape and Seria's discomfort, Whisper swims as best she can alongside Midian towards the ship.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Shayuri said:
Whisper twists to keep an eye on Midian and his companion and awkwardly tries to stay close to them.
[...]

Oblivious to the shadowy shape and Seria's discomfort, Whisper swims as best she can alongside Midian towards the ship.

Midian, too, doesn't notice anything, intent as he is on the wreckage. He's concentrating on helping Whisper in her acclimation to the water, vaguely surprised that someone who could change her shape at will had trouble adjusting to any environment. He does, however, feel a vague concern along his link with Seeqir. Not sure of the source of the beast's alertness, he makes a gesture that sets the squid to keep an eye on Whisper as she finds her underwater stability.

Trying to keep central to the group so they might all best benefit from his light, Midian moves with them toward the top hatch of the ship.

[sblock]Midian gave Seeqir the Defend command and set him to watch Whisper for now.

Also: Midian failed his spot check, but Seeqir made it. Not sure if I can assume the squid conveys that knowledge, though or how well? I thought a general unease made sense, given how we've been playing the link up until now?[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Drawing closer, you can see more details of the ship. You can clearly see the extensive damage from a battle before it's violent descent to the sea floor. Severed grappling hooks still trail from the railing. Numerous crossbow bolts are embedded deep in the wood. In many places the wooden deck is buckled, creating small cracks to the lower decks. Already sea life has begun to stake their claim over the ruined ship. Hundreds of small crabs scurry about the deck, moving away from your light as you pass. The sound of their snapping claws sounds like popcorn continuously popping. A few starfish and sea urchins are crawling over the hull in search of food. The deck is mostly clear of large objects. Most of them were likely swept over the sides while the ship sank. The ropes on the deck curl and twist in the currents disturbingly akin to Midian's octopus companion. You can see a hatch and some stairs leading down inside the ship near the mast. The corner of a larger cargo hatch is visible beneath a pile of fallen sails and rope.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Midian - General unease is a good sensation for your pet for the empathic link.

All - There are three ways that you've seen so far to enter the ship. The narrow crack in the hull you can squeeze through, the hatch with the stairs, or clearing the deck and using the cargo hatch.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Mista Collins said:
Pointing to the crack in the hull, Seria turns to the others. "That looks like our way in. Seems as good as any other."

Midian points toward the open hatch. "If we have to squeeze in that crack, we may have to squeeze out, as well, which won't be fast. If the hatch is unlocked, maybe we should try that, instead."

[sblock=OOC]Midian's easy going enough that if everyone else wants to go via the crack in the hull, he's game, too. No need for prolonged debate on the subject.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Johan nods, "I think the Hatch is a better idea too. Shouldn't be too hard to move things around to get in."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods. "Keep your f...your companion just outside for now. It can warn us if anything else approaches the hatch while we're inside."

By reflex, she checks the state of her own familiar, perched far above on the mast of the ship they dove from. She'd left it instructions to warn her if the ship started to move, or if anyone on the deck had weapons ready.

Remove ads