Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Shayuri said:
"That doesn't look promising," Whisper...whispers from behind Midian.

"Can't you tell it to go away?"

Midian inches backward as he whispers, "Sure I can, but if it could leave without going through us, I think it would have, already. I know something about this species, and they're more likely to run than fight. Unless, of course, they're cornered.

"I'd say we should just close the door and be on our way, but the hinges are torn off. But since he likes my spearlight so much..."

Midian reaches into his pocket to pull out some mistletoe. Making sure to keep his movements easy and non-threatening, he passes the mistletoe through the light on the spear as he invokes the spell a second time. As the berries leave the spearlight, they themselves are glowing.

Waving the berries to keep the eel's attention, he slowly reaches his spear behind his back to conceal its glow, then he throws the glowing mistletoe into the cabin, hoping the internal currents will keep it moving and the eel distracted as he and his fellows move down the corridoor.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The glowing berry arcs across the room towards the far corner. The eel immediately rises from the pile and swims after it to investigate. When it lands, the eel hovers over it, slowly undulating to keep its position. It stares intently at the light.
As the glowing berry sailed across the room, you caught a glimpse of something metallic glittering amid the wreckage it was laying across.

Shayuri

First Post
"Maybe Seria could sneak past it while it's distracted," Whisper muses. "The rest of us could be ready to attack if it looks like it notices her."

jkason

First Post

Shayuri said:
"Maybe Seria could sneak past it while it's distracted," Whisper muses. "The rest of us could be ready to attack if it looks like it notices her."

Midian raises an eyebrow, turning to look to Seria. "If we just move on now, it's possible the eel will have suffled off by the time we return, or be in a position to flee as it isn't now, so we wouldn't have to worry about cornering it and triggering defensive behavior," he offers. "But we need to decide now; it's not going to care about that berry much longer if a current doesn't pick it up."

EDIT: OOC: ooh! I just saw that Whisper knows Mage Hand. I think we might be able to have a game of Follow the Bouncing Berry for the eel if we decide we want to look at whatever's shining. :)

jkason

First Post

Shayuri said:
"I can make it move, magically," Whisper offers. "That should make it more interesting."

Midian nods. "All right then. Let's see what's so shiny in there. I'll keep the light from my shortspear subdued behind my back so the berry Whisper's moving will be more prominant."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Moving to either side of the corridor, you try to make yourself as inconspicuous as possible. Whisper Stands to one side of the doorway and works her magic. The berry floats up from the floor and moves towards the doorway. The eel snaps the front half of its body up in surprise. It hesitates for a moment before undulating slowly after the berry. When it enters the hallway Whisper moves the berry quickly to the far end of the hallway. The eel moves swiftly after it, barely glancing at the people in the hallway. Whisper moves the berry to the level above you, then casts it off the edge of the ship. The eel pursues it intently, vanishing into the dark water.
Once the room is clear, Seria slips inside and begins moving debris. Amid the ruined table she discovers several heavy silver tankards, bowls, and silverware. She uncovers 3 tankards, 3 bowls, and 3 sets of silverware.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Gragh, missed Midian's update. Sorry about that. My access to Enworld's been really loopy lately.)

Whisper returns a minute later and sounds rather pleased with herself when she says, "Our long, squirmy friend is on a trip into the deeps. As long as it doesn't return when the berry stops moving, we should be fine. What did we find?"

Remove ads