• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Mista Collins

First Post
"Well let's hope that doesn't happen," Seria says with a smile as Whisper gets back. "It appears we've found some table settings. I've got three bowls, three tankards, and three sets of silverware. Let's get moving and try and find what we've come for."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods.

"Running out of doors. Lets move on. We'll find it eventually. Just hopefully not TOO eventually. Spells won't last forever."

She drifts out towards the next door, making room for Johan and Midian to get past and start bashing.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Shayuri said:
Whisper nods.

"Running out of doors. Lets move on. We'll find it eventually. Just hopefully not TOO eventually. Spells won't last forever."

She drifts out towards the next door, making room for Johan and Midian to get past and start bashing.

Midian points down the hall. "I'm thinking the double doors down that way look most likely to be the cargo hold. We can hit these other, shut doors on the way back if need be. I don't expect anyone like our last friend there will be turning handles to come up behind us."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Passing by the other two closed doors, you approach the large double doors at the end of the hallway. Johan sets his shoulder to them and manages to force them open. Your light illuminates a large room filled with crates, rotting sacks, and debris. Some of the crates are slightly buoyant from air trapped inside so they float at about chest level. The floor is dotted with burlap sacks that have broken open. Numerous sea stars, crabs, and sea slugs crawl amid the contents feasting off the bounty. From where you stand you cannot see the far end of the room.

jkason

First Post

SelcSilverhand said:
Passing by the other two closed doors, you approach the large double doors at the end of the hallway. Johan sets his shoulder to them and manages to force them open. Your light illuminates a large room filled with crates, rotting sacks, and debris. Some of the crates are slightly buoyant from air trapped inside so they float at about chest level. The floor is dotted with burlap sacks that have broken open. Numerous sea stars, crabs, and sea slugs crawl amid the contents feasting off the bounty. From where you stand you cannot see the far end of the room.

"Looks like this is it," he says. "I don't suppose we'll be lucky and they'll have simply labelled the shards, hmm? If we don't notice them with a quick sweep, I can see if the attendees at the new buffet--" here he indicates the sea life feeding on the cargo--"noticed anything crystalline and inedible."

[sblock=OOC]He'll use his Speak with Animals spell to ask the fish etc. if they saw the shards if the group finds nothing on a simple search[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods at Midian. "Good idea. I'll see if I can tell..."

She casts her detection cantrip and starts slowly moving in the hold, turning in place to sweep her senses around.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
While Seria begins to search the nearest crates assisted by Whisper examining the area for any magical auras, Midian searches for some sea life intelligent enough to commune with, all the while Johan hovers nearby keeping a watchful eye out. The movement of the party disturbs the various floating crates which bump against one another with soft thuds. As Seria cracks open the crates they sink in a rush of bubbles as the air gushes out of them. With the bubbles float wads of clothing and bits of packing straw. The next nearest crate holds a collection of carefully tied sacks, now water logged, that seemed to contain herbs, bones, and powder. Their value is unknown but would have to be dried out to be worth anything. You continue moving crates aside until you can glimpse the starboard side of the hold where a pile of crates broke free of their tie downs and scattered across the floor. Something pale reflects your light from beneath the pile.

Meanwhile, Midian finally corners a small fish and uses his spell to communicate with it.
Midian
[SBLOCK]
The fish indicates that it hasn't seen anything like what you are searching for. It was drawn by the smell of food in the water and has been feasting on the bits of debris in the water. It indicates that the best feeding grounds are at the opposite end of the hold towards the stern.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post

SelcSilverhand said:
Meanwhile, Midian finally corners a small fish and uses his spell to communicate with it.
Midian
[SBLOCK]
The fish indicates that it hasn't seen anything like what you are searching for. It was drawn by the smell of food in the water and has been feasting on the bits of debris in the water. It indicates that the best feeding grounds are at the opposite end of the hold towards the stern.
[/SBLOCK]

"I don't suppose you saw or heard anything about who or what brought the ship down?" he asks idly of the fish as he looks to the others.

"We should probably concentrate on the front. The fish say the stern is mostly foodstuffs," Midian says, looking about for promising crates near the front of the hold.

Remove ads