Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The New Class

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Vhir pays close attention to the Hag's lessons and gleans some valuable knowledge on the local ecology. Tired from the exciting day and long night, he retires for the evening in the lodging provided.

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Squeaked by with a 16 for the lessons
My will save is 18

Vhir will fork over 8gp so the other two who attend the lessons only have to pay up 6gp a piece.
[/SBLOCK]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tel hunkers down for the night, first removing his armor and cleaning his blade. He slips quickly into a comfotable sleep.

[sblock]OOC: Will save: 4. Have I mentioned that Tel is easily influenced?[/sblock]

Primus

First Post
As her students leave, the hag kisses them on the foreheads and then gives off a cackling laugh that they can hear all the way to the doorway of the shop.

The night is restless. Images of horrible insects and shellfish crawl across the minds of the entire party, horrible visions of carnage and strange alien landscapes.

Tel and Whisper:
[sblock]
Your dreams are more vivid than the dreams of the others. You can hear the horrid voices singing things, a haunting melody in a language without meter or rhyme or tone...

You can't remeber the words but you can remember the images, an ancient sea of red and green flame and a dark cloud above.[/sblock]

Tel and Whisper take 2 Wisdom damage apiece.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

Midian rolls out of bed disturbed by his dreams. The storm does nothing to diminish his dread. He opens his window anyway, breathing in the brackish, mildewed air. Nature is nature, and his vocation requires this daily embracing of it. Midian turns his attention to connecting his mind to the invisible threads of the natural world and the magics he absorbs from them.

Foul weather or no, Midian finds his connection to nature itself seems to have improved. He ends his morning meditation carrying more natural magic than he's ever been able to coax from the world around him. He wonders briefly if this has anything to do with the shard, or perhaps even the hag. He shakes off the paranoia, however. Professor Delavert told him that he'd gain more power with practice; perhaps this is the first sign of that progress.

Bed-head in full display, Midian throws on his clothes and heads down to break his fast. Maybe he can convince the professor to let them stay out of the wet if he tells her about the dragonshard he and his fellows found while freeing the warforged, then quizzes her on its properties.

Last edited:

Primus

First Post
Cough... forgot to mention. The morning is horrible. The sun didn't even come out to play as the pouring rain washes over Stormwrack.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Vhir awakes with a start breathing hard, his sheets damp with the sweat of night terrors. He shakes his head to try to clear it. Seeing the downpour outside, he moves to his window and cups his hands to collect enough to wash with. He washes himself several times in the rain water, thanking the spirits of the storm for providing the land with lifegiving water once again. Drying and dressing, he heads downstairs to join the others.

Gifts of the Spirits:
[SBLOCK]
0/Level - 4/Day
Light
Cure Minor Wounds
Guidance
----------------
1/Level - 4/Day
Sandblast (CDiv)
Wood Wose (CDiv)
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: did Cog stay with me? I'm going to assume yes.

Johan awakens, a bit disturbed. Such dreams often have meaning, but like all things, it's meaning is not easily apparent. Given the weather, perhaps he should have found some company, for surely there was a lonely woman who needed his comforting at the foul weather. The warforged in his room just wasn't quite the same.

"Good morning Cog. I hope you weren't too bored last night. What say we head over to the enclave after breakfast and deal with your service so you don't get in touble for going AWOL?" Johan says while he gets dressed.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper awakens with a muffled scream into her pillow, awash in sweat. She lies still for long minutes, adjusting to reality. Trying to wash those terrible images from her mind. Finally she dresses and heads downstairs with a somewhat shaky gait. Most of her distress is hidden behind her mask...but anyone watching may note her hands trembling somewhat when at rest or lifting things.

She doesn't make idle conversation or chitchat, instead keeping her eyes moving around the room, alert for any danger that the dream may have been communicating.

Primus

First Post
"First, perhaps, I should travel to the Caanith Enclave," the warforged said as it walked down the stairs with Johan. The warforged appeared to have been staring out the window the entire night, it having only moved when Johan got out of bed.

Downstairs the heroes trickled into the tavern one by one. There were no other guests in the tavern and there was a low chance that anyone would brave the wind and rain for a bite to eat. Weather augurers were predicting a major tropical storm to touch down before night fell again and so most residents of Stormreach were battening themselves in to ride out the expected.

"Ghastly clouds out there," Professor d'Ghallanda said with a shudder as she descended the ststaircase. "I hope the trail doesn't flood," she said, ordering a cup of a strange hot, root-based liquid.

Remove ads