Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The New Class

Bront

The man with the probe
"That sounds like a plan Cog."

"Well, Professor, if we don't need to be on the road right away, Cog and I have a few things to take care of. Perhaps the rain will let up by the time we're done." Johan says.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid 2

Primus said:
"Ghastly clouds out there," Professor d'Ghallanda said with a shudder as she descended the ststaircase. "I hope the trail doesn't flood," she said, ordering a cup of a strange hot, root-based liquid.

Midian smiles as the professor comes downstairs. "Well, professor, I think we may have something that will keep us busy if it does, and improve the day's prospects in any case: Last night, when we found Cog here, we also found a dragonshard!"

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper jumps, startled, and turns to look at the others.

"Oh....yes...just a moment."

She pats herself, finally finding the lump in her pocket and delving into it. She produces the Khyber shard and places it gently on the table with a faintly shaking hand.

"Professor...is there any precedent for these shards to influence the dreams of those nearby them?" she asks.

(sorry for delay on sheet, will post today :))

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tel stumbles downstairs, hurrying, looking a bit like he just woke up, found himself disoriented, and rushed to get ready for no reason.

"Wh...did I m...we havn' left yet, have we? "

Tel stumbles over to a chair a crashes down pretty hard

"Sorry Professor...I guess I jus' didn' sleep so well las' night. Th'boat ride musta done me in or sum'thin. Maybe it was all that diggin'."

jkason

First Post
Midian

Shayuri said:
"Professor...is there any precedent for these shards to influence the dreams of those nearby them?" she asks.

"Did you have odd dreams, too, then? The bugs and the shellfish aren't all that odd, really--animals will have a tendency to crop up in a druid's dreams--but the whole landscape was unrecognizable and disquieting." He shakes his head at the memory. "What were yours about, Whisper?"

Primus

First Post
The halfling chuckled. "I doubt that we'll be leaving within the week, Johan, so go with my blessing. Be careful, though, it's dangerous out there."

The Professor's eyes went wide when she heard Midian and Whisper's comments. Picking up the dragonshard in one tiny gloved hand she turned it over and over, examining every facet. "Wherever did you find such an amazing gem?" she asked, surprisedly.

"It, appears to be, a khyber shard. They're primarily used in binding magicks... I've never heard of any reported dream-related effects tied to dragonshards. I have heard of strange pollens and fumes that cause strange dreams and of fiends who walk in the dreams of mortals, but they're probably old wives' tales...."

She looked concernedly at Tel and blinked, "Are you alright there, young man?"

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Al'right? I reckon I will be oncet I get some breakfast inta' me. I jus' thought I slept late or f'got something I was s'posed to do or somethin'. Jus' nerves I guess..."

Tel trails off when he overhears the other's conversation.

"Or I woulda' guessed if'n I wasn' hearing you folks talking what you is talkin'. Funny dreams las' night? I thought mine was jus' a matter of bad ale or sleepin' funny or some such. I had creepy crawlies all over my sleepin'! I don' generally mind things that crawl aroun' mind, but when they is in my head, creeping me out all night long...it's enough to drive a fella' to distractions!. So, Professor...did we get fumes up in our rooms?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Yes," Whisper says slowly, softly, as the others describe aspects of their dreams.

"I saw shelled creatures, like those that live under the sea...only in configurations and variations that were wrong. Not of this world. They teemed in masses, all shells and legs and black-shelled eyes that seemed impossible, yet more real than anything I've experienced while awake. And then my dreaming eye drew back..."

Her voice grows softer, laced with dread.

"I saw a sea of green and red fire...flames dancing as far as I could see. And there was singing. Ah...gods, the singing..."

She turns away suddenly, one hand going to her mask.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Thank you Professor. Cog and I are off to the Caanith Enclave, and then my enclave. Anyone else wish to join us?"

Johan, Cog, and anyone else who wishes to join him, make their way to the Caanith Enclave.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

Midian, unsure how to console the enigmatic changeling, jumps at Johan's offer.

"I'll come, Johan. Just let me snag Talbot and we can be going."

Remove ads