Who wants to be a Wayfinder?

jkason

First Post
So it sounds like we're mostly on board for a conversion to Pathfinder, and just deciding what to do world/adventure-wise? WD had a point on Godsmouth Heresy. The game we're in is supposed to start at 1st level, while we're all 7th level (8th if we level up after wrapping this adventure up) here. I kind of assumed we'd have to start partway through Rise of the Runelords, too, due to our level. Honestly, even if the DM on the other game sticks around, it'll be a heck of a long time before we get to the same level. So if we started GH further down the line (assuming there's a point we could merge into), there'd be relatively little risk of overlap. By the time we hit 7th level in the other game, I'm quite certain I'd have forgotten what happened lol. :)

Since it looks like Pathfinder is where we're headed regardless of the adventure, I'll just go ahead and ask now: I was thinking of changing Midian's nature's bond to the domain variant. I don't think I've been very good at managing his animal companions, and had been planning to dismiss Garuk when we left the island anyway. With all the lightning Midian's been throwing about, the Weather domain seems like it might be a good thematic fit.

Shayuri

First Post
Also, it would help take some pressure off of Whisper to be "the blaster," since she's actually having to spread her spell picks a bit thin between defense/offense and utility. :)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
It sounds like no major objections for pathfinder, so we'll plan on switching once the current adventure is wrapped up.

That leaves the choice of what world to do.
I'm leaning slightly towards staying with Eberron. If we switch worlds you lose the plots and history you've developed so far. No elemental powered ships, dragonshards, dragonmarked houses, etc. We'd have to use the "portaled to a new world" plotline for a sensible switch. Then you're focused more on getting home again (or not if your character likes the new world more I guess). That has some possibilities too now that I think of it. ...someone completes an armageddon device and the world starts breaking apart, now everyone is fleeing through well of many worlds-type devices and the survivors end up scattered across Golarion... See? Possibilities!

It really comes down to which world you like the feel of better. I'll make either one work =)

I'll hold off on starting Godsmouth or RotRL for a while. Either one I do will start with new characters. It changes some encounters when you have access to fly and invisibility, so I'd rather start at the intended levels for them.

I'm fine with the domain/animal companion switch. I'm sure there will be plenty of tweaks needed for characters once we're ready to change over.

Shayuri

First Post
I think what Selc is suggesting is that we stick with the Eberron game setting, but adapt the game mechanics of Pathfinder to it.

Sort of...Pathfinder: The Eberroning.

Thus we get the best of both worlds, without giving up the characters we've all worked on all this time.

I think it is a good plan.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'd prefer Eberron, since this is the only game I'm in with that setting, although since a large part of Kraken's drive is to get off the island he's been marooned on all his adult life, it would amusing to send him off to another world entirely!

jkason

First Post
I've no preference either way as far as setting; sounds like most folks are keen on sticking with Eberron, which is fine by me.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sounds like a plan to me! Pathfinder ruleset, Eberron world.

With that said, are there any preferences for where you want to go next? Any part of the world you've always wanted to check out? I have some plot ideas I can flesh out but first I wanted to see if anyone had an itch to go somewhere.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm kind of torn on what sorcerous bloodline to use for Whisper.

Aberrant kind of works for her doppelganger heritage, and the abilities are good for simulating an enhanced mastery of her own shapechanging abilities.

Arcane is great for a "utility" mage, with a very nice set of bonus spells. The special abilities aren't all that inspiring, but could be useful since metamagic is quite powerful with spontaneous casting.

Shadow suits her sneaky, tricky nature...but I suspect it may overlap a bit with Doral's Beguiler stuff...

As for where to go!

Well, I think there should be some "downtime" back at the university, where we can socialize, craft, buy/sell, etc... That doesn't have to take much play time of course. Then, since we are Wayfinders, it's off to another exotic locale! Sarlona, perhaps...or Argonessen. The deep underbelly of Sharn, or the tombs of the goblin kings of Droam.

It's probably a bit early to start using planar alignments and manifest zones to slip off to Thelanis or other planes, but that is surely in the offing for later!

Last edited:

Remove ads