• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whoa!

Superj3nius

First Post
okay i was all into this 4e thing then i took a brake and returned to my 3.5e, but then my friend told me that i was TOTALLY based around the miniatures and what not and that i should just stick to 3.5e. so i have to ask what are the major diferences with the core books and how its played?

Belphanior

First Post
Are.. you seriously asking us what the differences are between 3.5 and a game that won't be released for another four months? I'm afraid that for all the previews given so far, we'll have to wait and see.

FourthBear

First Post
Superj3nius said:
okay i was all into this 4e thing then i took a brake and returned to my 3.5e, but then my friend told me that i was TOTALLY based around the miniatures and what not and that i should just stick to 3.5e. so i have to ask what are the major diferences with the core books and how its played?
4e hasn't been released yet. Perhaps you should take what your friend claims with a grain of salt. There's an info page on this site on what's currently known about Fourth Edition. I would read through that. There will be more information released as it moves towards a mid-2008 launch.

Superj3nius

First Post
yeah thanks well im not taking his info for a grain of salt i was just a little worried and i will have to look into that, i was just looking to see what people knew.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Superj3nius said:
yeah thanks well im not taking his info for a grain of salt i was just a little worried and i will have to look into that, i was just looking to see what people knew.
Check the info page all the scoops regarding 4e are linked from there so you should be able to find out everything we've gleaned in a reasonable time.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
3.5 is already quite a mini-centric game, IMHO. However, it is certainly possible to play it without a battle map.

From what we know, 4e will be similar in this regard. The rules will assume by default the use of a battle map, but a creative DM with players willing to cooperate a bit, should be able to run the game without one.

HeinorNY

First Post
4E has distances measured in squares so it IS a little more into the miniature gaming than 3.5. But it's just a little, so far.

lkj

Hero
inkmonkeys said:
I find that 4E no more requires miniatures than 3E does.

Well, the game hasn't been released yet. But I'm guessing Peter Schaefer's got a better idea than most of us.

AD

Remove ads