• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's going this year?

DM Howard

Explorer
The hotel capacity? That's another question entirely...

Lanefan

That's more what I was getting at. Yeah, the timing of Gary Con is the only sticking point for me too. It's right in the middle of my company's busiest part of the year. Doubt I could swing it.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
After some back-and-forthing with my gaming group about who could go and who couldn't (two said they could, and then dropped out Sunday night), I'm definitely going to be there. This will be my nineteenth nonconsecutive Gen Con! :D

I'm quite glad to make it again, since the hotel issue made it touch-and-go for us. We couldn't find a place closer than the airport, and that caused some serious transportation issues for us. Eventually, we decided to reserve a room directly, even though that made it much more expensive than going through Gen Con's (schizophrenic) housing portal. So it's going to be six of us to a room, at around four hundred bucks a person...but it's still worth it!

SavingThrow

Explorer
Saving Throw will be there!

If you see a lone Dom Zook from the Saving Throw show on the floor or hosting a panel (there's two!) give him a high-five. There's a button in it if you do. He might be tough to spot amidst all the other average height, bearded white guys out there, but he'll be carrying a lot of Saving Throw swag and also hosting a couple panels - like how to create gaming content for the internet, and what's in store for Saving Throw Phase 2.

Why am I writing this in the third person? Hi. I'm Dom and I have a problem. See you folks there!

Midknightsun

Explorer
I am going this year and driving from PA. I'm DMing several sessions of 5e and spending way too much money in the expo center. . . . and on beer :)

fjw70

Adventurer
I am thinking about bringing the kids for just Sunday. It is not as crowded. Nothing planned, just plan to play it by ear and mostly checkout the dealer hall and do some demos.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
I'll be there. Most of my time will be staffing table AF on Author's Avenue (roughly row 1250). I'm debuting the first novel of my new fantasy trilogy there, Scars of the Sundering: Malediction. I also have one shift (Thursday afternoon 2pm - 4pm) in the ENnie Awards booth (which apparently is in the hallway this year and not inside the Dealer Hall), and I'll be working the ENnie Awards ceremony on Friday evening.

No gaming for me. No time.

[sblock=Book description for those who are interested]
Pancras thought trouble waited at the end of his journey.

Shadow demons, chaos rifts, and petty archmages all conspire to disrupt his quiet life. Summoned to face a Mage's Guild inquest over minor grievances, the minotaur wizard leaves home and travels south with his companions, the twins Delilah and Kale.

Harsh winter weather traps them in an unfriendly city where a run-in with a drunken bully leaves him dead and the trio in jail. Fortunately, the opportunistic prince of the city needs a wizard to curse his unwanted wife. The only catch is Pancras's sense of honor.

As he stalls for time, the twins involve themselves in an uprising in the city's salt mines. Pancras left necromancy behind him, but it's looking more and more like he'll need to break his moral code--and further anger the Mage's Guild--to get them out of the city in one piece.

Malediction%2BKindle%2BCover.jpg
[/sblock]

The Kindle version is now available for Pre-Order, by the way. It officially releases on Thursday, July 30th.

Last edited:

Dragoslav

First Post
I'll be going for the first time this year, after several years of failed attempts. We had to get a hotel near the airport, but we'll not be relying on public transportation, so it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience. How is parking at the convention center?

Anyone have recommendations for what to do, as first-timers? We'll be cosplaying as well, if that makes a difference.

MrsFickleGM

Explorer
Parking at the convention in expensive - around $30 a day; unless you can get in lucky enough to do the public parking for $10. Costume Contest is a must, Tracy Hickman's Killer Breakfast Saturday morning is always fun .... but a personal favorite is the ENnie Awards on Friday night sponsored by EN World and GenCon. :) Swing by the booth for a flier and a button - and be sure to attend Friday night to see who the winners are! :) We're at the CrossRoads this year, outside of the dealer hall, near the massage people.

Remove ads