• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's got their print copy?

dm4hire

Explorer
Didn't see any discussion up yet or overlooked it. Anyway got my print copy today and love the look of it for the most part. My only qualm about it, and it's a personal peeve, is there is a lot of white space in this book. By that I mean blank areas that could have been put to better use. Numenera has similar issue, but then Monte designs his books so that the white space tends to fall on the outer margin where he puts notes and makes it easier for players to make notes without messing up the book. Same could be mentioned for the charts in the book as they could have been tightened up. Actually the majority of the book looks like it could have been tightened up and free up some space to add more content.

Despite my qualms the book looks fantastic and appears to be well made. The artwork looks fantastic and it does read well. I've pretty much read through the book using the PDF but plan to do a more in depth reading now that I have the physical book and have finished reading the Numenera PDF.

Balesir

Adventurer
Yep - got mine (in the UK, no less) at the end of last week. The book is beautiful and I'm only sad that I can't run immediately due to other committments outside RP...

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Got mine on Monday, though I just had finished re-reading the PDF since my gaming group is shaking out for a new campaign.

I have to say that I'm a huge fan of homebrew worlds, but I find the default world evocative and done in broad enough strokes that me and my players who like to expand the world still have plenty of room to play and grow.

Imaro

Legend
Got mine yesterday (U.S.) but have been reading over the PDF since I first got it. Have to say I thought I was done with high fantasy for a while, after numerous attempts to get 4e to click with my group kind of sputtered out, but so far I like 13th Age alot more than I did 4e and am now actually trying to decide whether to run DCC rpg or 13th Age. Either way I have two great games for low and high fantasy.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Mine arrived yesterday -- it's going to be hard not to spend a lot of time reading it between now and GenCon -- but I have other things to work on to get ready! Must Focus!

US east coast. Apparently part of the 5 % who didn't get theirs on Monday according to PP's website! If shipped from Nevada last week then will probably be 4-5 days for east coast delivery.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads