Who's Hype for Dark Sun???

Mort_Q

First Post
Well, medium Half-giants is a mark of 4E on the setting. For better or worse. I am curious (and a little apprehensive) about what other ones are lurking out there.

Perhaps they'll have a Paragon Path that (like the racial levels in Arcana Unearthed's Giants) that lets them... grow Large?

Squizzle

First Post
Perhaps they'll have a Paragon Path that (like the racial levels in Arcana Unearthed's Giants) that lets them... grow Large?
Stoneblessed is right in PHB2, and grants reach +1, with threatening reach for one round as an encounter power. At epic, Eternal Defender from Martial Power is available to fighters, and grants reach +1 if Medium ("or larger"), and ability to wield Large weapons, without actually increasing on-map "footprint".

Nork

First Post
Stoneblessed is right in PHB2, and grants reach +1, with threatening reach for one round as an encounter power. At epic, Eternal Defender from Martial Power is available to fighters, and grants reach +1 if Medium ("or larger"), and ability to wield Large weapons, without actually increasing on-map "footprint".

Great observation. Stoneblessed lets a half-giant player get some more half-giant mechanics without making them overpowered.

Maybe there will be some really nice and focused half giant, mul and thri-kreen racial paragon paths that let them have a 'racial advantage' without being mechanically overpowered.

Setting wars for a change of pace?
Eberron 4ever! Everybody else, never! :p

Perhaps they'll have a Paragon Path that... lets them... grow Large?
I sure hope not.

IMO, Stoneblessed is broken, especially if it's allowed to stack with Eternal Defender; in my game, sources of reach (other than weapons and size) don't stack, because I don't like the idea of a Medium-sized creature -- other than Stretch Armstrong, Mr Fantastic, or Dhalsim -- being able to physically punch somebody from 15 feet away.

Incidentally, I think 4E has room for a PC race with stretchy-rubber arms.

There is already a defender Epic Destiny that grows the character a size. Possibly something similar to that for goliaths?
If you're talking about the Eternal Defender epic destiny discussed above, you should be aware that it doesn't actually increase your size category; it merely increases your character's height and weight, and grants you reach and the ability to wield Large weapons.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
If you're talking about the Eternal Defender epic destiny discussed above, you should be aware that it doesn't actually increase your size category; it merely increases your character's height and weight, and grants you reach and the ability to wield Large weapons.

And it really needs to be renamed Eternal Offender; it's far, far better for beating stuff down than defending. But that's neither here nor there.

Brad

Jhaelen

First Post
But there's an epic destiny that will allow you to use your wildshape ability to turn into a Large creature :)

A2Z

Explorer
4E giants are large already. So it makes sense a 4E half-giant would be medium. If he grew to large he'd just be a 'giant'.

Remove ads