Who's playing Marvel Heroic Roleplaying?

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'm running a pbp game here on the boards: Red Alert! Danger! Danger!

The group is pretty fun, and the players are getting into it.

I don't think there's too many dice to use: you roll all of them, then pick two, and one effect die. There, done. If you want to add more, you can use your "plot points" (ie: tokens), but otherwise you're just picking the best two plus an effect die.

Making new heroes is stupidly easy: just pick general themes, and assign realistic dice for the powers. It can be quick to make a generally acceptable hero. I like it.

I'm also accepting players. We're figuring out the rules (well, I'm trying to; my players are helping me out), so if you or anyone wants to (at a glacial pbp pace) give it a spin on pbp, come on by!

scourger

Explorer
I have it, but I didn't "get" it. For me, a game like that needs to either be based on Savage Worlds (& complex in its simplicity) or OGL (& simple in its complexity).

Obryn

Hero
The first Marvel Super Heroes game used a system with several stats: Fighting, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Reason, Intuition, and Psyche -> FASERIP.
I know. :) I ran it when I was a kid and have many fond memories.

I was joking about the new version. I guess it feel flat. :blush:

-O

Nine Hands

Explorer
I've run MHRP at a couple of gaming conventions (TotalCon and Open Gaming Convention) and I was running a weekly Transformers game using it.

We've taken some time off to playtest D&D Next but will be going back pretty soon.

All in all, I like the game and my players have picked up on it pretty quickly.

Sometime next year, I will be starting an Academy X game, which will be a bit of the Academy X series and some older stuff from the original New Mutants comic series.

Stouthart

First Post
I purchased the rules when they were released last year and have read over them a few times. Currently trying to sell one of my groups to let me start up a game. We meet once a month to play a Pathfinder campaign and are currently looking for another system/game to play on one of the off weeks. We're all pretty big comic geeks and two of us are just getting into Heroclix, so I am pushing for MHRP.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I played a one-shot at an ENWorld Chicago Gameday and loved it. Unfortunately my home group isn't interested in the genre. I think MHRP has become my favorite game I won't ever get to play regularly.

I've played as the Watcher for several sessions with my gaming group. The #1 game is Pathfinder so when we have breaks, I get asked to run a MHR game. I finally got to be a player at Gen Con and had a blast with that too. I would love to find a group in this genre to be a player but for now it's our immediate go to game during breaks.

I love this game big time.

MDismuke

First Post
Is anyone here playing an online campaign? I have GMed a game for 22 years and I want to be a player finally. Any Avengers will do...:)

Remove ads