• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's playing Marvel Heroic Roleplaying?

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'm running a pbp game here on the boards: Red Alert! Danger! Danger!

The group is pretty fun, and the players are getting into it.

I don't think there's too many dice to use: you roll all of them, then pick two, and one effect die. There, done. If you want to add more, you can use your "plot points" (ie: tokens), but otherwise you're just picking the best two plus an effect die.

Making new heroes is stupidly easy: just pick general themes, and assign realistic dice for the powers. It can be quick to make a generally acceptable hero. I like it.

I'm also accepting players. We're figuring out the rules (well, I'm trying to; my players are helping me out), so if you or anyone wants to (at a glacial pbp pace) give it a spin on pbp, come on by!

scourger

Explorer
I have it, but I didn't "get" it. For me, a game like that needs to either be based on Savage Worlds (& complex in its simplicity) or OGL (& simple in its complexity).

Obryn

Hero
The first Marvel Super Heroes game used a system with several stats: Fighting, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Reason, Intuition, and Psyche -> FASERIP.
I know. :) I ran it when I was a kid and have many fond memories.

I was joking about the new version. I guess it feel flat. :blush:

-O

Nine Hands

Explorer
I've run MHRP at a couple of gaming conventions (TotalCon and Open Gaming Convention) and I was running a weekly Transformers game using it.

We've taken some time off to playtest D&D Next but will be going back pretty soon.

All in all, I like the game and my players have picked up on it pretty quickly.

Sometime next year, I will be starting an Academy X game, which will be a bit of the Academy X series and some older stuff from the original New Mutants comic series.

Stouthart

First Post
I purchased the rules when they were released last year and have read over them a few times. Currently trying to sell one of my groups to let me start up a game. We meet once a month to play a Pathfinder campaign and are currently looking for another system/game to play on one of the off weeks. We're all pretty big comic geeks and two of us are just getting into Heroclix, so I am pushing for MHRP.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I played a one-shot at an ENWorld Chicago Gameday and loved it. Unfortunately my home group isn't interested in the genre. I think MHRP has become my favorite game I won't ever get to play regularly.

I've played as the Watcher for several sessions with my gaming group. The #1 game is Pathfinder so when we have breaks, I get asked to run a MHR game. I finally got to be a player at Gen Con and had a blast with that too. I would love to find a group in this genre to be a player but for now it's our immediate go to game during breaks.

I love this game big time.

MDismuke

First Post
Is anyone here playing an online campaign? I have GMed a game for 22 years and I want to be a player finally. Any Avengers will do...:)

Remove ads