• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why can people not use punctuation?!?!?!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Harmon said:
I was the quiet kid in the back of the class that was just trying to survive an abusive family life...
I can't believe you're interrupting my self-involved righteous indignation with actual valid explanations!

Fenris said:
Yes you quoted, but you did not use quotation, you merely attributed the quote to it's author.
Actually, I'll point out that you just used too much punctuation. There is no apostrophe in that usage of "its." :D

- Pedantcat

Hijinks

First Post
Fenris & Pcat, you're killing me :p Good stuff!

OP: Quit trying to force me to fit your own personal jello mold! Argh!!
*runs off crying and slobbering*

sniffles

First Post
glass said:
I believe it is currently considered optional. I included it because I was trying to be smart, and if I hadn't miss-spelled 'ellipsis', I might have succeded.

glass.
And sentence, in your first post. :p

To take the topic seriously for a moment, many people have difficulty with the 'rules' of punctuation. I state rules that way because they are so variable and arbitrary.

I imagine that many people had difficulty learning proper punctuation in English class in school, and as adults they don't recall it because they seldom have occasion to use that information if they are not fiction writers by avocation. In some future time when books go the way of bottled milk delivered to your doorstep, color text for quotes may be the standard for correctness. ;)

Personally I'm much more concerned with the rampant misuse of apostrophes in plurals. :lol:

IcyCool

First Post
Harmon said:
For that I apologize- I am trying to further my education, but its a slow process and I ante all that smart. :(

I see your 'all that smart' and raise you one pedantic correction.

What? I'm an equal opportunity mocker.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Mark Chance said:
Emphasis added:

That should be you're rather than your.

-- Conan the Grammarian

Actually, no it shouldn't because he's talking about the words. Like 'I raise your ten and up it by five', like poker.

Krieg

First Post
Sometimes, when I get nervous, I stick my hands under my armpits and than I smell them.

Pigs.gif

Bront

The man with the probe
Dog Moon said:
I don't know why, but reading this makes me want to read Flowers for Algernon.
There's a book I've told myself I wanted to read a long time ago and never did... I probably should some day.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads