• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why can people not use punctuation?!?!?!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I don't know if your last ellipsis is meant to be ironic or not, but you know that there are three dots and not four, right...

:)
An ellipses midsentence has... three dots. While one at the end of a sentence is followed by a period, so very strange.... (See Elements of Style by Strunk & White.)

I hardly ever bother with the period following a sentence ending ellipsis myself, but it is supposed to be there. Given time it will likely be discontinued.

The Auld Grump

glass

(he, him)
Plane Sailing said:
I don't know if your last ellipsis is meant to be ironic or not,
The first rule of the internet: Any post pointing out spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors will include at least one of its own.
but you know that there are three dots and not four, right...:)
Four, at the end of a sentance, becasue of the full stop.

glass.

glass

(he, him)
TheAuldGrump said:
I hardly ever bother with the period following a sentence ending ellipsis myself, but it is supposed to be there. Given time it will likely be discontinued.
I believe it is currently considered optional. I included it because I was trying to be smart, and if I hadn't miss-spelled 'ellipsis', I might have succeded.

glass.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Question said:
the amount of people refusing to put quotes around speech is staggering.

And the number of people who think humans are measured in tablespoons is also staggering. :)

(Which is to say, we all occasionally reside in an abode constructed of transparent amorphous solids.)

hong

WotC's bitch
Umbran said:
And the number of people who think humans are measured in tablespoons is also staggering. :)

(Which is to say, we all occasionally reside in an abode constructed of transparent amorphous solids.)

Says you. ***I*** happen to live in a yellow submarine.

Hong "or is that diaglo - in bed?" Ooi

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads