• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why can't I search?

Eltern

First Post
I was just trying to go back through the boards to locate a thread about an armor of healing (if the person who posted can tell me which dragon issue that is in again, that'd be awesome) and I cannot search, nor can I look at members' posts or threads they started, including my own! What gives?

Thanks,
Eltern

Crothian

First Post
So, as is proved above, even though everyone cannot search, those that can are usually happy to help those that cannot. :D

Adonis

First Post
i honestly believe that if this site had better management, this board would be lightning fast and search wouldn't cost $35

Shutting the server down "in hopes that it speeds things up" is not a valid tactic for slow traffic, for one.

Considering how many "inside" people (publishers, developers, and so on) i am VERY surprised that no one here can offer some sort of free or discount hosting, especially considering how small this board is.

MerakSpielman

First Post
15,000 members and over a million threads is small?

Part of the problem with searching is simply the massive number of threads... they never get pruned or deleted.

A new server is in the works, though, from what I understand, that will speed things up considerably.

Keeping sites like this up is an expensive prospect, and even the big online RPG stores don't have very much disposable income.

shawnsse

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
15,000 members and over a million threads is small?

Part of the problem with searching is simply the massive number of threads... they never get pruned or deleted.

A new server is in the works, though, from what I understand, that will speed things up considerably.

Keeping sites like this up is an expensive prospect, and even the big online RPG stores don't have very much disposable income.

Agreed! And Well Said!

talinthas

First Post
Everytime someone asks how to search without reading the giant bold texted notice at the top of the screen, Orcus kills a flumph. Save the flumphs, kids.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Adonis said:
i honestly believe that if this site had better management, this board would be lightning fast and search wouldn't cost $35

Shutting the server down "in hopes that it speeds things up" is not a valid tactic for slow traffic, for one.

Considering how many "inside" people (publishers, developers, and so on) i am VERY surprised that no one here can offer some sort of free or discount hosting, especially considering how small this board is.

Trust me without me being able to give specific info, but for the bandwidth per month this site uses, the hosting fees ENWorld are charged are VERY reasonable.

Plus, check the other threads in the Meta forum for our current plans underway to rectify some of the troubling issues.

Moved to Meta.

Last edited:

Remove ads