• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why Enworld?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Nightfall said:
I also come to enworld cause Fru always has something good to say.

Well maybe.

Some times.
Well, I certainly try. I think I am tightlipped on certain aspects of the game for good reason. I try tot to get involved in discussions over topics that I feel will escalate to something the mods might get tipped off about. I love this place and the last thing I want is to be suspended or banned.

Nightfall said:
Okay I just like the guy! :p :)
You aren't bad yourself. I mean, I do consider you a friend. :)

Cyberzombie

Explorer
I keep going away, and then I came back. Most recently 'cause my wife is going to run a campaign soon. I've been out of touch with D&D, and this is the place to catch up.

Plus the signal-to-noise ratio here has gotten a LOT better than it has been in the past. The rules forum, for one, is actually pretty enjoyable to go into! I never thought that would be possible. I assume that the moderators must have leveled up and taken some feats in Conflict Resolution, because I don't see the same endless, dumb!@#$% arguments I've seen here for years. I know they've always tried, but they seem to be succeeding, now, which is amazing and worthy of praise.

This is a little home away from home, I guess. :)

Shieldhaven

Explorer
My top five reasons for hanging around ENWorld:
1. Sepulchrave II's Tales of Wyre
2. Destan's Sins of the Fathers (Yes, I know I shouldn't hope for an update, but... hope's like that.)
3. Piratecat's Defenders of Daybreak SH
4. Rolzup's Chronicles of Burne
5. And several other SHes that I'm way behind in or haven't yet gotten around to (Shemmy, I'm talking about you here.)

Haven

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well I found Enworld when I was doing an exercise for my computer class. I was searching for some D&D material and found a link to this thread. Now I don't post often but I regularly check the messageboards. I've found this to be a great place for inspirational and intellectual conversation.

Garet Jax

Explorer
Why Enworld?

1. Where else can I find a five page "first impression" thread about a book that hasn't even made it into my LGS yet?

2. There are some prolific posters here whose opinion I value highly. Their reviews or comments about a certain product will usually sell it for me.

3. It's mostly a D&D forum but other games get some love too (true20, star wars, modern, C&C). A while ago I posted a question about Feng Shui (the game) and was really surprised at all the helpful responses I got from supposedly hardcore D&D'ers.

4. If you look hard enough, you can usually find at least 1d20 perspective on every single facet of the game.

5. The occasional scoops that I can't find anywhere else, like "Sale at FFG!", "Amazon Share the Love", "Happy Hour at Hooters!" :)

6. Have been an intermittent lurker since the excellent Eric Noah pre-3.0 days so the site has a special sentimental value to me, and for some reason it reminds me of the first Mac I ever had.

Justin Cray

First Post
Stopped playing around 3.0, started last summer again. Needed some kind of forum and naturally went to rpg.net.

Got curious why the posters there would slag this place so much and
found their replacement.

This site is very well run, the users are smart and funny, the content has a gargantuan size modifier (hey, I am new, heh) and it is focused like a laser on d&d.

I usually lurk ~6 months on a new forum, this site is so good I waited maybe a week.

Remove ads