• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why is Eberron being pushed so hard?

hong

WotC's bitch
Belegbeth said:
I don't understand this.

Think of it as a nice single malt whisky with an extra helping of latte. Two great tastes that taste great together!

Is there a point to trying to insult people you do not know anything about?

There is no try, there is only do.

Kranton Zo`erth

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Also, the RPG and gaming market are much more competitive now than in the late 80's and 90's, with new hobby trends appearing almost every year (from TCG, to CMG, and lately CSG).

Could i get a little more MSG for my RPG...yeesh....could we shorten anthing else? I sure don't feel like a VIP not knowing all the spiffy little spurts of shorthand you guys throw around....most you can figure out....but then there are posts like this one and I just have to find some aleve or something....

Sorry not to flame anyone....just drives me nuts.....thank you for your patience....back to the normal thread....

Nisarg

Banned
Banned
Amy Kou'ai said:
Just felt I should point out that there's a lot of substance there for intellectuals, too. I mean, it's got actual economics tied into the game mechanics, for heaven's sake, which is more than I've ever seen from any other campaign setting for that field.

Um, sorry but where?

I never saw this, and after you mentioned it, I looked through the book again, trying to find ANY economics mechanic. Other than the tiny blurb in "life in Eberron" that talked about what percentage of the general population were lower/middle/upper class, and the section on "industry" in each country listing (which FR has too), I couldn't see anything.

Please point me to where exactly these economics MECHANICS are?

Nisarg

jasamcarl

First Post
Nisarg said:
Um, sorry but where?

I never saw this, and after you mentioned it, I looked through the book again, trying to find ANY economics mechanic. Other than the tiny blurb in "life in Eberron" that talked about what percentage of the general population were lower/middle/upper class, and the section on "industry" in each country listing (which FR has too), I couldn't see anything.

Please point me to where exactly these economics MECHANICS are?

Nisarg

I think he alluding to the dragonmarks, insofar as they are character options whose background in the game world relates specifically to mercantalism. In other words, traditional character mechanics that tie into economic fluff. Don't go for the simplest interrpretation when a more viable if subtle one is right there. ;)

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
jasamcarl said:
I think he alluding to the dragonmarks, insofar as they are character options whose background in the game world relates specifically to mercantalism. In other words, traditional character mechanics that tie into economic fluff. Don't go for the simplest interrpretation when a more viable if subtle one is right there. ;)
Exactly.

The Dragonmarked Houses provide the meat and bones of the Khorvaire economical system. Each family has a "monopoly" over a specific aspect of buisness. Not all family members are dragonmarked, in fact only a few are. But that gives the family an edge, and molds the rest of the bloodline to follow the same line of work.

Ranger REG

Explorer
dogboy said:
Eberron just doesn't do it for me. Not because it's new and I can't get my old-timer's head around it, but because it sucks. What makes a setting great is one that has lots of detail, where it is obvious that the people involved gave everything a lot of thought. I found that with Forgotten Realms to include Al Qadim and Maztica, but not the Horde. Planescape could have been better if there would have been more meat in it, i.e. setting-specific classes. And I agree with others on this thread that Midnight has that "something" that makes a campaign setting special. It will get better as time goes by as well. Now if WotC would just get back to doing Dark Sun......
Now you know how those fans of Greyhawk (and Dragonlance) felt way back in 1987 when FR became a full-fledged new campaign setting and TSR started rolling accessories after accessories month after month with only a few GH products popping up through the late 80 and all throughout the 90's.

:]

Ranger REG

Explorer
Kranton Zo`erth said:
Could i get a little more MSG for my RPG...yeesh....could we shorten anthing else? I sure don't feel like a VIP...
That's, uh, Very Important Person, right? :D

No, you're not. :]

BTW, CSG is Constructible Strategy Game. WizKids is leading the way with the Pirates of the Spanish Main, a ship battle game.

Staffan

Legend
Destil said:
Ah, cool. I haddn't heard of Infrogames buying the atari license from Hasbro.
It was part of Hasbro's computer division (Hasbro interactive or something like that), the sales of which prompted Peter Adkison to step down as WOTC boss since the sale included electronic rights to all Hasbro games including WOTC stuff, over his objections.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads