• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why is secound wind not an encounter power?

Spacce

First Post
Why is secound wind not an encounter power?

It acts in every way like an once per encounter ability but not listed as one. is it just because everyone has it?

Gargazon

First Post
It's not an encounter power because the design staff do not intend for it to be treated as one, like Lay on Hands is really a Daily power but is treated as an at-will power. It's like this so you can't recover it with any kind of power except one that explicitly states you may recover your second wind.

This is fine, but I think that I will be treating both as if they were. I will make power cards and everything. I like the power card book keeping dynamic better than checking boxes on a sheet.

Last edited:

Geek-Zilla

First Post
Gargazon said:
It's not an encounter power because the design staff do not intend for it to be treated as one, like Lay on Hands is really a Daily power but is treated as an at-will power. It's like this so you can't recover it with any kind of power except one that explicitly states you may recover your second wind.

Right on the money with this assessment. Some of the paragon tier class abilities allow for recovery of an encounter ability when spending an action point.

davethegame

Explorer
PrecociousApprentice said:
This is fine, but I think that I will be treating both as if they were. I will make power cards and everything. I like the power card book keeping dynamic better than checking boxes on a sheet.

That's what I'll be doing too, along with making power cards for "Charge", "Opportunity Attack", "Run", etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads