Why is the Mule considered a Game Breaker?

Oryan77

Adventurer
So does 4e have stats for a Donkey, but people want stats for a "Mule"? Or are there not even stats for a Donkey?

Couldn't they just make a Mule a Daily Power? That seems to make as much sense as everything else in 4e :lol: I kid....I kid.... :D

Zaran

Adventurer
Closest they come to is just a regular riding horse. People say to use those stats for the mule but it's just not the same! Besides, horses cost 75gp. No level 1 adventurer can afford 75gp for a mule. I wonder what the Mount power for a mule would be? Maybe that's where the Groinkicker Donkeyhorse comes in.

coyote6

Adventurer
I suspect the mule was omitted from 4e for balance as much as anything else. In a 3e game of mine, players were able to loot a hundred useless +1 swords from a battlefield for a sale price of 100,000gp - all for an investment of a few hundred pack animals!

They bought multiple hundreds of mules to carry one hundred swords? Gigantic swords, really weak donkeyhorses, PCs really bad at looting, or a really good mule salesman?

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Obviously mules are incredibly powerful, even in 3.5E. By the time you apply the Half-Donkey template to a standard riding horse, the ability bonuses get all out of kelter and the racial hit dice become seriously unbalancing. And if you were to use a war horse as the base creature? Hoo boy.

But it's no big deal. Any *good* DM will simply rewrite the rules for racial hit dice, ability scores, and template application, and create a custom breed of horse to use as the base creature. Easy as pie.

JEEEEZZZZ, how much XP does a brother need to spread around before he can give XP to PirateCat again?! Can somebody cover me here? The bootpiddle plopstep donkey is pure poetry.
Covered.
Soon to move on to your template.

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
Oh I don't know. When I played 1e and 2e every single time I had a horse or a mule it was eaten by a dragon who just happen to be flying overhead or some sort of monster would eat it. So eventually I just stopped getting them in favor of bags of holding or a portable hole.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You were talking about a horse/donkey hybrid?

I think therein lies a clue: they couldn't put the Mule in until they had established the viability of the PHB3 Hybrid rules!

We should be seeing those Horse/Donkey hybrids any old time now...

Remove ads