Also,

these codes are making it easy! :)

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00128.JPG
    Imported Photos 00128.JPG
    659.1 KB · Views: 165

Omegium

First Post
In an other forum I run myself I can add ubbcodes. If you add the <script> tag to be "to bad, screwball", the problem will be solved

Omegium

First Post
Yes, that can also be an option. Just make sure the text <script cant be used (don't disable just <script> , <script > will work either, so disable the <script part. There is no way to overcome that afaik

graydoom

First Post
First, on javascript not being secure: all good browsers have restrictions placed on what javascript can do to your computer. If you don't have the sense to keep those settings at the default (which usually stop ActiveX controls and some javascript) you get what you ask for.
Second, vB Code cannot be used for everything HTML can be used for. Not even close.
Third, the forum already changes things like "" into "<b>" when it converts post to a displayed page, and it should be able to do the same thing just as easily to other things. Of course, I don't have the vB software, so I don't know how open or customizable it is. If the vB software does provide an option for adding in additional things to be checked for and changed, the entry of ":):):):):):):):)" (or better, ":):):):):):):):)*>") being changed to "" could easily be added. As noted above, even adding ":):):):):):):):)" to the profanity filter would solve this, and HTML could be enabled without all those people who browse with automatic download and running of ActiveX controls being in danger. Of course, people who do that will probably soon get hit by something else.

As a final note, javascript was enabled on the old boards, AFAIK. We didn't have any problems with it there. Why is it thought that we will have problems with it here?

Edit: Interesting. Seems that < s c r i p t minus the spaces has been put on the censor list, or something. Yay! Now HTML can be re-enabled.
However, one problem I just noticed is that I cannot edit this post successfully without turning off smilies, because of all the replacement smilies made where the censored words were. Any chance of setting it to just replace the censored word with nothing, not even a space?

Last edited:

Remove ads