• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wiki Wiki Wiki

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
OGC Compilation Limits

Morrus -

I'm curious as to what your policies are for the OGC Compilation page. Theoretically, I suppose, anyone could post anything there as long as it's published OGC. But I'm not sure that reposting the entirety of something like the Tome of Horrors is appropriate, especially for a third party. (And how do we mark the stuff for Section 15 compilance?)

So what are the limits/guidelines?

[Edit: Also, and completely unrelated, I'd suggest that you change the "Orphaned Pages" filter so that pages that are only linked from their categories aren't counted as orphans.]

Last edited:

Fredrik Svanberg

First Post
You'll note that the ones without numbers in their name have a user name that is legal for the mediaWiki software as well as vbulletin. As I told you in another thread your wiki user name is an adjusted form of your vbulletin username - that number after your name isn't random - it's your user id number in vbulletin.

Ah, that makes sense. At least now I know why it's necessary. Thanks.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Morrus -

I'm curious as to what your policies are for the OGC Compilation page. Theoretically, I suppose, anyone could post anything there as long as it's published OGC. But I'm not sure that reposting the entirety of something like the Tome of Horrors is appropriate, especially for a third party. (And how do we mark the stuff for Section 15 compilance?)

So what are the limits/guidelines?

I'd say use common sense; don't copy entire works, but include useful items. Make sure they're credited and linked to the product and the pubblisher on the Wiki so it gives the publisher a bit of free advertising (see the way i've handled EN Publishing's entries as an example).

For s15, I'm going to create an OGL page for the Wiki, which will obviously get very, very long over time.

Khaalis

Adventurer
I'd Like to suggest a new Category for the 4E section of the Wiki...

Equipment

We have a section for magic items but not standard equipment, such as new weapons, armor, etc.

Merkuri

Explorer

Equipment

We have a section for magic items but not standard equipment, such as new weapons, armor, etc.

The beauty of a wiki is that if you want a new section you can just add it! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Equipment

Yup; the whole point of a Wiki is that you don't suggest it, you just do it. No permission needed. :)

Sigurd

First Post
Latest update page - White on Yello?

I think the Wiki is a brilliant idea. Very collaborative and useful.

One small bug though, I'm sure its a setting that need tweaking. The recent updates colour layout scheme is White Text on a Yellow background. I can't even look at it without a headache.

You can sort of read it if you highlight it with the cursor but its really unusable this way.

Sigurd

Last edited:

smootrk

First Post
I cannot express how much frustration I have been having lately with the site slowdowns while. Trying to update the wiki is often hard enough, and lately I am having trouble trying even to share my frustrations here.

Seems I can only get the page to load about 20% of the time. The rest of the time takes forever, and often I get time outs. I hope whatever the slow-down bugs are get fixed soon, lest I lose interest in even trying to put up material.

Page I am working on:
http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/Geisha,_the_Asian_Bard

knightofround

First Post
Yeah the wiki is a great idea, however I'm afraid its not going to get off the ground until the site slowdowns are fixed. I'll try to add some stuff when it gets taken care of though.

Remove ads