• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wiki Wiki Wiki

Fredrik Svanberg

First Post
Why does my account name on the wiki have a string of numbers after it? Is it necessary and if not, how do I get rid of it?

Also, the "My Preferences" pages have white text on white background and a lot of confusing semi-visible icons everywhere. (Firefox 2)

Last edited:

Michael Morris

First Post
Why does my account name on the wiki have a string of numbers after it? Is it necessary and if not, how do I get rid of it?

Also, the "My Preferences" pages have white text on white background and a lot of confusing semi-visible icons everywhere. (Firefox 2)
It's necessary - the number is your messageboard userid. It's how the bridge knows one belongs to the other.

EnglishScribe

First Post
I have been experimenting with templates, and I have a couple of points of feedback:

* Smilies do not appear in the wiki, the new attack icons for example

* On a more technical side, the {{#if:...}} statement in templates does not appear to work. Either I'm not doing it right (most likely) or is they a setting/patch/module to enable them? Having this functionality would make the templates a lot more flexible.

Description of the #if is buried in here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Template

Merkuri

Explorer
I have been experimenting with templates, and I have a couple of points of feedback:

* On a more technical side, the {{#if:...}} statement in templates does not appear to work. Either I'm not doing it right (most likely) or is they a setting/patch/module to enable them? Having this functionality would make the templates a lot more flexible.

Description of the #if is buried in here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Template

Back when I played with MediaWiki the #if thing was an extension, but it looks like they built it into some versions. I'm guessing the version EN World is using doesn't have it built in yet. I can't seem to find which extension it is, though. Maybe tomorrow after I had a full night's sleep I can figure out which extension it was. (Only got about three hours of good sleep last night.)

If you're creating templates, make sure to put them somewhere that people can find them. It's so much easier if people start using templates from the get-go. :)

Michael Morris

First Post

Parsing vbulletin smilies would require the inclusion of the vb bbcode parser. That's probably not a good thing since it would significantly increase the overhead.

Fredrik Svanberg

First Post
I really would like to know how other peopl have managed to get usernames without an annoying string of random numbers at the end. If anyone knows, please tell me. It's getting to me.

Michael Morris

First Post
I really would like to know how other peopl have managed to get usernames without an annoying string of random numbers at the end. If anyone knows, please tell me. It's getting to me.
You'll note that the ones without numbers in their name have a user name that is legal for the mediaWiki software as well as vbulletin. As I told you in another thread your wiki user name is an adjusted form of your vbulletin username - that number after your name isn't random - it's your user id number in vbulletin.

Remove ads