• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wiki Wiki Wiki

Merkuri

Explorer
Hmm, it seems that the "definition" formatting on the wiki shows up in a bigger font for some reason. I started a page for acronyms and it looks funny because everything is so large except the little bit of intro text. It should look more like on this page if you scroll down to the "Definition List" section.

withak

First Post
File types

Is there a reason we can only upload images? It'd be nice to be able to upload documents (.pdf, .doc, .xls, .odt, .ods, .txt) and other stuff.

Clawhound

First Post
I've been writing over on the www.dandwiki.com for a while. I am now sad. We've been working hard to be a great D&D resource and this changes the landscape for us.

You folks do need to get your speed up. The wiki response time is awful.

Here are some of our lessons learned. I pass these on to you.

- Get those templates in fast
- Get those auto-created pages in fast
- People will format everything in every-which way. You will need people with a dedication to editing.
- Get a good search engine behind you.
- Governance and trust matters.

withak

First Post
Ok, I think I got the bug killed. I need sleep before moving onto other things.
The cookie-wipeout bug is still happening to me, though since it's easy to work around, it's not a huge deal.

I noticed anonymous IP edits are allowed. Is this intentional, or did you want to restrict it to logged-in users? I'd suggest the latter.

Michael Morris

First Post
Do you have the remember me box checked when you log in? If not, you are NOT using cookies. Cookies must be enabled for the wiki to work, at least until I tinker with it some more.

The problem is vbulletin stores sessions in the database instead of the $_SESSION array

withak

First Post
Do you have the remember me box checked when you log in? If not, you are NOT using cookies. Cookies must be enabled for the wiki to work, at least until I tinker with it some more.

The problem is vbulletin stores sessions in the database instead of the Array array
Yup, I always use the "remember me" box. I'm able to log in to the Wiki after I get my cookies wiped once; I thought this was the bug you were referring to.

Michael Morris

First Post
I don't see how that is possible. Either your browser is transmitting a cookie to the server or it isn't. If it is then it will work, I've now tested in IE 6,7,8beta, Firefox 3, Safari 3 and even Opera.

So double check. I will modify the code further to link $_SESSION to the vbulletin session store, but once that hole is closed there's nothing further I can do on this end.

Remove ads