Wiki Wiki Wiki

Merkuri

Explorer
If I build a 4E psychic conversion, do I have to 'fight' for the Psychic Warrior link with house rules for 3E? Do we turn all of the common names into hub pages? What if someone else wants to take the class in a different direction? Do we end up with /PsychicWarrior4E~Destil and /PsychicWarrior4E~PirateCat

If I recall from my MediaWiki days correctly, you can organize pages hierarchically by naming them something like "Folder/Subfolder/PageName". Perhaps if several people want to make their own Psychic Warrior conversion then you could do something like this:

Psychic Warrior - a page that just links to the pages below, maybe with a note about what "Psychic Warrior" usually means
Psychic Warrior/3e Version - detailing the original 3e Psychic Warrior
Psychic Warrior/Destil's Version
Psychic Warrior/PirateCat's Version

This way anybody following a Psychic Warrior link would be able to see all the different versions, but if somebody wanted specifically to link to Destil's version they could easily.

If somebody went to make their own page and found someone else's page there they could create a hierarchy like this.

Or if you want to make your own part of the wiki, perhaps for your own personal campaign session, you could make one page for the name of the campaign and the rest of your pages could look like CampaignName/PageName. So the homebrew Psychic Warrior used in Merkuri's 4e Eberron would be on the Merkuri's 4e Eberron/Psychic Warrior page.

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Wiki clicking didn't log me out (Firefox 2.0...15).

However, the wiki is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW relative to the snappy new site.

Cheers, -- N

Ry

Explorer
Wiki is not happy; cookies thing happens each time I try to go. One time I got all the way to adding a page for E6 and THEN it ate the cookies. I don't know if the page got added or not.

Fredrik Svanberg

First Post
If only there was a way to log back in when I've arrived at the wiki section after it's logged me out and eaten my cookies, without having to go back to the forum and repeat the process over and over... Seriously, no matter what link I use it kills my session, eats my cookies and leaves me staring at an IP number. I love wikis but this one seems to hate me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If only there was a way to log back in when I've arrived at the wiki section after it's logged me out and eaten my cookies, without having to go back to the forum and repeat the process over and over... Seriously, no matter what link I use it kills my session, eats my cookies and leaves me staring at an IP number. I love wikis but this one seems to hate me.

The way I do it, which always works:

When you get the cookies message, log in immediately in the top right of the screen (don't go to any other pages or click on anything - just log straight in on that page). It'll log you in, and take you to the forum index, at which point click the Wiki link and you should be in.

It's a pain, I know, and we'll fix it - but that always works fine for me, no repeats necessary.

Merkuri

Explorer
The way I do it, which always works:

When you get the cookies message, log in immediately in the top right of the screen (don't go to any other pages or click on anything - just log straight in on that page). It'll log you in, and take you to the forum index, at which point click the Wiki link and you should be in.

That works for me, too.

Remove ads