[Wikibook] What Not To Do

ax0n

First Post
Hi All,

First of all, I'm really glad to see peple are finally really starting to use the wiki. However, it has come to my attention that people aren't using the wiki quite as it was intended. This is through no fault of there own: it takes some getting used to. I have compiled a list of the some of the common mistakes people are making:

* The Planar Cosmography tree requires pruning. Too many sub-trees are growing. For example, each monster should have a heading under Monsters, regardless of their type. E.g. Anarchs should have their own sub-type, like Bateezu and Tanar'ri. Elementals do not need to be listed together: that is what the monster type is for.

* Editorial notes should not go in a discussion forum or in comments at the bottom of the page, NOT in the pages themselves. If you could all please delete your editorial notes and copy them to the comments at the foot of the page.

* Please, do not add OGL statements yet. I am in the process of writing the code for this to be automatically done which is why we haven't gone fully 'live' yet. Again, please delete.

* Introductions: the actual section heading pages, e.g. 'Six Elemental Planes', should be where introductions are placed. Or, create "Introduction to..." sub-section if you must. Remember, wiki references all pages according to their title so if everyone starts creating 'Introduction' sections they will over-write each other.

* Comment all changes! If you make a change give a quick, one sentence summary in the comments field so that other people can look through the history and see what you've done.

I added notes to the above effect in How To Wiki which I suggest everyone read throroughly. It also includes a link to the Tiki documentation site, which I also recommend people go to.

Last edited:

Remove ads