• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wil Wheaton Drops Dungeon Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGKushner

First Post
DonTadow said:
Rhetoric aside, saying that the only way someone would have something to say is unless their reporting their suicide is cruel and insensitive in the real world. Are these the gamers that Erik is talking about whom are "the backbone" of this industry?

Couldn't tell you.

Let's see... I game twice a week, generally one RPG game and one board/war game.

Spend probably about $50+ a month on hobby supplies.

Not active in the RPGA although I do attend game days.

Dont' care about 'personalities' being used to promote gaming. Trying to sell me a book with someone's name on it because they're well known isn't a good point of sales tactic for me. It's the content I'm more intersted in.

Does that make me the "backbone" of this industry? Someone who doesn't care if someone from Star Trek writes a column in a magazine I buy and that he's leaving because he's been badmouthed?

Breakdaddy

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
And hey, as far as jerk, I've been called worse by better.

True enough. I've called you many things that would just get edited if I typed them here. ;)

P.S.- The whole brooding cynic thing is so 1989..

JoeGKushner

First Post
Breakdaddy said:
True enough. I've called you many things that would just get edited if I typed them here.

And yet somehow, the internet continues to thrive! Truly this is the land of the free.

Chroma

Explorer
I may be the only one, but just in case the artisit/writer of Downer reads these boards, I *really* like Downer! The high-powered Underdark stuff, plane-hopping, etc... and the female githyanki character sealed the deal for me!

diaglo

Adventurer
Breakdaddy said:
True enough. I've called you many things that would just get edited if I typed them here. ;)
i've called him many things that have been edited by the mods.

i refused to edit them myself. as that is how i felt.

rowport

First Post
diaglo said:
make it one of the authors talking about one of the adventures in the issue....

no other purchase necessary
This is a very clever suggestion; Erik, I hope that you seriously consider it. You already have top-notch writers (including yourself, heh) doing the next campaign series; why not offer a 'slice of life' view of some of the playtest sessions? Heck, I know from the Paizo boards that some of your players are already posting stuff in the Journal section! :)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
JoeGKushner said:
I don't wish death on him. Arey ou having a hard time reading?
And yet it seems like a number of people got the impression you wish he'd commit suicide.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
And yet it seems like a number of people got the impression you wish he'd commit suicide.

They're reading too much into my lack of interest in his reason for dropping the site and his reaction to 'bad' fan mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads