• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [OOC]

Voadam

Legend
dog45 said:
Also, the reason I was thinking of the mineral warrior template was because I wanted something that made him tougher to reflect his background of countless fights. Problem is, most templates turn you into some weird creature, which is not my intention. got any ideas?

Just noticed this edited part. Torn Asunder has a few combat oriented templates that don't make you freaky IIRC, I'd have to look it up. I'll look in BoTD as well. I'll think a little more on it.

Kularian

First Post
I feel a little left-out not Gestalting, but character concept/background always make up for it to me. I should read the IC posts to get a feel for how this is going to run...

Voadam

Legend
Kularian said:
I feel a little left-out not Gestalting, but character concept/background always make up for it to me. I should read the IC posts to get a feel for how this is going to run...

20 dex versus gestalt. choices, choices. :)

Btw, looked over your sheet again, tieflings are outsiders [native] not humanoids. Although it is wierd that humans with a touch of planar blood are not affected by human specific stuff.

Voidrazor

First Post
Here's what I have on NR4ZN so far. I'm still working on the background, but basically its only recently been transported to Wildwood and has damaged memory anyway.

Code:
Name: NR4ZN (Ennar Forzian)
Race: Mechanoid
Class: Armor Adept

Str 22  +6 (18 base +4 armor)
Dex 14 +2 
Con -
Int 14  +2
Wis 10  
Cha 6  -2

HP 4 (plus something for construct I hope)
AC 16

Large Greatclub  +6 (2d8+9 damage)
Large Spiked Chain +6 (2d6+9 damage)
Note: NR4ZN doesn’t remember that it has a spiked chain. Its in a storage compartment somewhere

Special Abilities
Immune to effect that target humanoids only (charm person, hold person etc.)
Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, death effects, necromantic attacks, radiation, and diseases
of organic creatures. 
Does not breathe or eat.
Immune to ability damage, ability drain, or to death from massive damage.
-4 racial penalty to Charisma when dealing with organic life.
Cannot heal lost hit points by the use of medicine, first aid, healing spells, potions, or the use of
powers such as Healing Touch. The skills Craft/Repair: Electronics and Craft/Repair: Mechanics may be used in place of the First Aid skill.
May not imbibe magic potions or extraordinary chemicals.
Suffers 1d8 points of additional damage from electrical attacks and electrical sources of damage.
-4 racial penalty to the skills Animal Empathy and Handle Animal.
Size Large: -1 size penalty to AC and attack rolls, as well as a -4 size penalty to Hide checks. +1 size modifier to Fortitude saving throws, 2 + [Con Modifier] bonus hit points,
and may lift twice the listed amounts for their Strength score. Face and reach of 10 feet.
Mechanoids suffer an inherent -2 penalty to Charisma.
Mechanoids may not place any ranks in the Disguise skill.

Powers
Fast Healing (1 HP / 10 Min) with Cling to Life (works at -1 to -10) 
Note- this powers costs 1 over the 4 allotted EPs 

Power Armor
Str +4
AC +5
DR 4
Speed 30’
ACP -4
Suit Modifications: Moderate Fortification (4), Damage Reduction (2) included above, Jump Jets (2), Enhanced Str (2) included above

Assumptions:
Mechanoid LA is +1
Armor Adepts get half the normal suit points and the base power armor gets no HP and only half the normal DR and Str bonus
3 ‘point buy’ character points can be traded for 1 EP at least on a one time basis

dog45

First Post
Firblains story. I like the idea of him being picked by this hunter deity and dropped in.

[sblock]

Firblain was never looking for a fight, but fights always seem to find him. Even when he was
just a grau hiding under his mothers apron, the family dogs would nip and bite at him.
When the clan bully had a bad day, it was always Firblain that he ran into. He didn't fight
back though. Not in the beginning. When he'd come home and his father'd ask him where the
bruises came from, he lied and said he tripped. He could tell that his father didn't believe
him, but he allowed his son to keep his story. What good is a boy that you have to force to
fight for himself?

Growing up with the resentment of his father, and the attentions of the bullies, his one
refuge was his mother. Without questioning him, she cared for and patched him up when he came home bruised and bleeding. Without a word, she showed him her love for him.

When the news came, he was in the mines. The workers grabbed picks and axes and ran back towards the settled caverns. It had not been a battle; it was a slaughter. Bodies of women and children lay hacked apart, viciously torn asunder by small hands with small weapons. The cavern was filled with the shouts of pain and the cries of anguish as families were reunited.

Firblain found her by the children. She had tried to protect them. Sinking down to the ground, he cradled his mother in his arms. Silent tears flowed down his cheeks. Placing her down, he gently laid her cloak over her. Turning aside, he went into his house. Grabbing his fathers waraxe from above the mantle, he left the empty house and ran to join his fellow workers.

At the first sight of the goblins, the years of repressed anger was released into the
creatures skull, shattering it. A righteous fury overtook him, and he slew all that he could
find.

Years pass.

After that battle, he could never let a challenge go unanswered. The bullies learned quick,
and the news spread faster of this dwarve that could survive any fight. The day he quit the
mines to go out on his own, his father presented him the same waraxe. Without a word, he took it and left.

[/sblock]

Kularian

First Post
Outsider [Native], eh? I guess I'll have to brush up on my outsider knowledge...

Edit: Meh, not much to worry about. Just affected by outsider stuff and not by humanoid stuff. *Shrug* Works for me.

Also, Voadam, are you familiar at all with the Tempest PrC from Complete Adv? I know you listed it as a source that you wouldn't accept, but it seems to be a fairly widely-known one, and I was just wondering for future reference. I'm not certain if it's hosted by Wizards has an excerpt for it or not...I suppose I can check...

Edit edit: Drat, can't find anything. I'm supposing it's a no, then? Hehehe.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Is there an RG thread where we should be posting our PC's or should we continue posting them here?

(mine's nearly done)

Edit: Nevermind. Found it.

Last edited:

Mithran

First Post
Things keep getting in the way of my creating my character. Currently I feel kind of sick and have a terrible headache. So I'm going to go ahead and bow out so you guys can get on with playing sooner.

Remove ads