• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
Both Natural Bond and Beastmaster are in Complete Adventurer. Natural Bond provides a one time boost of +3 to your effective druid levels for the purposes of determining your companion and its abilities.

Beastmaster is a PrC specifically designed for those wanting to emphasize animal companions in their build. Each level counts as a full druid level for animal companion purposes, and the first level has a class ability that adds 3 to that effective level (sort of like Natural Bond, but stacks with the feat). Later levels grant Speak w/ Animals as an Sp ability a few times per day, some animal senses like Low Light Vision and Scent, and additional animal companions...each one less powerful than the one before (ie - an increasing penalty to effective druid level). Any nature themed base class can qualify for Beastmaster by 5th level, with one burn feat (Alertness).

Voadam

Legend
Shayuri said:
Both Natural Bond and Beastmaster are in Complete Adventurer. Natural Bond provides a one time boost of +3 to your effective druid levels for the purposes of determining your companion and its abilities.

Beastmaster is a PrC specifically designed for those wanting to emphasize animal companions in their build. Each level counts as a full druid level for animal companion purposes, and the first level has a class ability that adds 3 to that effective level (sort of like Natural Bond, but stacks with the feat). Later levels grant Speak w/ Animals as an Sp ability a few times per day, some animal senses like Low Light Vision and Scent, and additional animal companions...each one less powerful than the one before (ie - an increasing penalty to effective druid level). Any nature themed base class can qualify for Beastmaster by 5th level, with one burn feat (Alertness).

Natural bond as found here http://realmshelps.dandello.net/datafind/feats.shtml is a yes.

Unless I get Complete Adventurer or they put up an excerpt you can refer me to with the full class I'm going to say no for now and stick to my guidelines of only considering stuff I have or that is online that I can reference.

If you still need a player, I'd be very interested to join. As an elven fighter, to be more precise.

Statistics
[sblock]Name: Vikrek
Race: Elf
Class: Fighter
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral

Strength: 18 +4
Dexterity: 20 +5
Constitution: 14 +2
Intelligence: 10 +0
Wisdom: 10 +0
Charisma: 10 +0

AC: 19 (10, +5 Dex, +3 Studded Leather, +1 Buckler)
Hit Points: 12
Reserve Points: 12

Movement: 30ft
Initiative: +9
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Melee Attack: +5
Ranged Attack: +6
Base Fortitude: +2
Base Reflex: +0
Base Will: +0

Race Abilities:
Low-light Vision
Immunity to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects.

Languages: Elven and Dover

Skill Bonuses: Elves have a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 ft. of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if it were actively looking for it.

Skills:

Appraise: +0 (0 ranks)
Balance: +3 (0 ranks)
Bluff: +0 (0 ranks)
Climb: +2 (0 ranks)
Concentration: +2 (0 ranks)
Craft: +0 (0 ranks)
Diplomacy: +0 (0 ranks)
Disable Device: +0 (0 ranks)
Disguise: +0 (0 ranks)
Escape Artist: +3 (0 ranks)
Forgery: +0 (0 ranks)
Gather Information: +0 (0 ranks)
Heal: +0 (0 ranks)
Hide: +6 (3 ranks)
Intimidate: +0 (0 ranks)
Jump: +2 (0 ranks)
Listen: +0 (0 ranks)
Move Silently: +7 (4 ranks)
Perform: +0 (0 ranks)
Profession: +0 (0 ranks)
Ride: +5 (0 ranks)
Search: +0 (0 ranks)
Sense Motive: +0 (0 ranks)
Speak Language: (1 "rank": Dover)
Spot: +0 (0 ranks)
Survival: +0 (0 ranks
Swim: -4 (0 ranks)
Use Rope: +5 (0 ranks)

Feats:
Quick Draw
Improved Initiative

Money: 0 pp, 0 gp, 0 sp, 0 cp

Weapons: Scythe +4 (2d4+6)(x4)(10 lb), Warhammer +5 (1d8+4)(x3)(5 lb), Scimitar +5 (1d6+4)(18-20/x2)(4 lb), Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+4)(x2)(1 lb)

Armor: Studded Leather +3 (Max Dex: +5, -1 Armor Check Penalty, Arcane Spell Failure: 15%, 20 lb), Buckler +1 (-1 on attack rolls with weapons using the arm the buckler is attached to, Arcane Spell Failure: 5%, 5 lb)

Gear: Explorer's Outfit (8 lb when not worn), Backpack (2 lb), Bedroll (5 lb), Sunrod (1 lb), Waterskin (4 lb), Trail Rations x4 (4 lb), Chunk of Meat x3 (1.5 lb), Belt Pouch (0.5 lb), Flint and Steel (not any noteworthy weight)

Magical Items: None.

Total Weight Carried: 63 lb

Light Load: 100 lb

Medium Load: 200 lb

Heavy Load: 300 lb

Lift Over Head: 300 lb

Lift Off Ground: 600 lb

Push or Drag: 1500 lb[/sblock]

Appearance
[sblock]Standing roughly five and a half feet tall, Vikrek has a typical elven soldier's build, fairly muscled but quick and nimble as well. A somewhat above average hardiness is also noticeable in him. His skin is nearly pale which is complimented by his rough, short hair that is jet black, though only to be at conflict with his hazel-coloured eyes, that when looked at, seem to force the image of him being loyal and ready to serve without question.[/sblock]

Personality
[sblock]Vikrek is quite stern in his attitude towards most things and even when he does care enough to relax, all but a few can see the difference. He just simply wishes to not show weakness to anyone, just as he was taught, not even to his closest allies. Such a mistake could easily ruin his status and reputation among elvenkind. At times, this is sometimes mistaken for paranoia. None who have acted upon this assumption have dared to repeat it.[/sblock]

Background
[sblock]Growing up, learning all that he could to pass his trials as a true warrior fit to serve the elf kingdom, Vikrek has found out the hard way to prove his worth. His particular mentor was one of the harshest of all now-retired soldiers who took upon apprentices. Vikrek had to be as careful as he could as his mentor would do everything within reasonable (even sometimes a tad beyond) training boundaries to prepare Vikrek for the outside world. Most of this consisted of surprising Vikrek by attacking him when he was off-guard, taking advantage of even a half-second's worth of Vikrek losing concentration. This eventually led Vikrek to the logical conclusion that he would have to avoid his mentor and turn the table's on him, finally showing that he had true potential. Though it took 15 years of practice, he was able to accomplish what was now a simple task of eluding until counter-attacking. Upon his completion, Vikrek was finally taught for the remaining two years of his study in the art of how to fight appropriately, surprisingly to be found out as a far more easily learned skill, and wounded up being given the building blocks which would suitably start off his path to whatever goals he would learn to have in mind, truly earning his new title: fighter..............................[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
OKay! I have been perusing the rules more, and considering -strongly- an arcanist character. *Specifically a gestalt Warlock/Sorceror. I do have questions!

Under house rules for sorceror, there's a bit where it says sorcerors gain a metamagic feat per level that can be used...blank...per day. Is that once per day? And I presume that would be without the usual full round action required?

Also, under feats, it says characters get 1 feat per level. Does that start at 1st level? Or more coherently, does a first level character in this game start with 2 feats, or does the usual 1 feat at 1st level fulfill that 1 feat per level thing until 2nd level? ...there's just no way to ask that sensibly. :)

Annnnnd...I think that about does it for now. I should have a build up shortly!

* Oops...I just read that Complete Arcane is off limits. My bad. I'll revise accordingly.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Shayuri,

First level characters have the normal 1 feat as standard characters do. The benefit doesn't kick in until second level when normal characters would not normally get a feat for that character level.

Sorcerers gain a bonus when using metamagic, not a bonus metamagic feat every level. They get free levels they can pay to paying off metamagic level costs. So a first level sorcerer with the silent spell feat can use his metamagic level to cast a silent ray of frost using a 0 level spell slot instead of the normal increased 1st level spell slot. A 5th level sorcerer with extend spell could cast five extended mage armors using first level slots. It is a minor benefit to reward those who stick with the sorcerer class instead of multiclassing out of it into a prestige class.

I remember getting the candlekeep stuff recently but not having gone through it thoroughly. I think they have some details on WotC base classes but I'm not sure if warlock is one of them. I'll check it out later.

So do want us to post in the rogue gallery now or do you want to look our characters over a little more and have us only post in the RG after making any changes you would deem necessary?

Remove ads