Wildwood RiTaC III Gannu Mines

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar blinks, and her strange lavander and purple irises glow dimly in the gathering gloom.

"I can see just fine. I could keep watch or something."

Voadam

Legend
The party starts to make camp together for the first time as the evening sets in. Little dark bats are out early scooping up insects. Fresh water is plentiful from the stream and its burbling is a calm background noise accompanied by the croaking of amphibious night songs.

hellrazor111

First Post
"I can't see in the dark, but my vision should be good enough to see as long as the moon is out, I will help with the watch." After the camp is made, Syfer sits down by a tree, waiting for something else to need to be done.

Voadam

Legend
The party decides to camp with the tireless NR4ZN taking sentinel throughout the night, the others taking sentinel turns starting with Syfer then Inamar when it turns dark.

Later that night, but before dawn, during Gravan's shift, he and NR4ZN hear a low gibbering sound off in the distance away from the stream. It is broken by whines and half understood vocalizations.

NR4ZN's [sblock]audio receptors pick up multiple subharmonics that render contradictory information. His processors focus inward discovering irrational number algorithims and try to compute them, drawing more and more of his processing power. Error messages start to flash as a large percentage of his input analysis is devoted to analysis that spins out increasing transforming results that divert more processing power to analysis. NR4ZN is fascinated http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#fascinated by this effect.[/sblock] and he goes still.

The sleep of the others becomes disturbed and uneasy by the noises.

Rooth [sblock]Rooth's dream turns into a deep nightmare about rotting otherworldly jungles where all becomes putrefication. Rooth senses there is a rot that gets under her skin and festers, corrupting from within. Rooth knows she is carrying it and that it will consume her slowly, but implacably increasing over time. Strangely there is a voice in goblin describing her thoughts about this, but it is not her voice. When it refers to herself it uses the name Gernak. Rooth is horribly fascinated http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#fascinated by this nightmare for the present[/sblock]

Out of the woods, from the direction Rooth said the goblins headed a small dark figure floats spectrally towards the party, it looks like the clothes from a small humanoid. Gernak
Initiative

Gravan 9
Syfer 11 Asleep
Welan 6 Asleep
Gernak 25
NR4ZN 21 Fascinated
Inamar 19 Asleep
Rooth 17 Asleep Fascinated

Brazeku

First Post
Gravan turns towards the strange creature, squinting. He moves to wake Inamar up, glances over her sleeping form, feels awkward, then steps towards Syfer instead. He prods Syfer somewhat gingerly.
"Wake up! There's some kind of creature out here!"

Pyrex

First Post
Listen: (1d20+5=16)*

"...zzz... Huh what?..."

Weylan rolls to a seated position and shakes himself awake while trying to figure out what's going on.

*People talking 10-20' away is DC 2, -10 for being asleep results in DC 12, so a 16 is enough for Weylan to wake up, but not enough to make out what Gravan said as Weylan wasn't quite awake yet. ;)

Voadam

Legend
Pyrex said:
Listen: (1d20+5=16)*

"...zzz... Huh what?..."

Weylan rolls to a seated position and shakes himself awake while trying to figure out what's going on.

*People talking 10-20' away is DC 2, -10 for being asleep results in DC 12, so a 16 is enough for Weylan to wake up, but not enough to make out what Gravan said as Weylan wasn't quite awake yet. ;)

Gravan's alarmed voice is enough to rouse not only Syfer who he gingerly prods, but also Weylan and Inamar as well. Rooth does not stir however.

ooc I'll go with that, though in the future I would prefer suggestions such as these in the ooc thread before posting actions. :)

Syfer 11 awake prone
Welan 6 awake prone
Gernak 25
NR4ZN 21 Fascinated
Inamar 19 awake prone
Rooth 17 Asleep Fascinated
Gravan 9

hellrazor111

First Post
Syfer sits up quickly, yawning, and cracks a few joints. What creature? Where? He asks, looking around as he stands himself up. Apon seeing Rooth still sleeping and NR4ZN immobile, he asks, What with them?

Shayuri

First Post
"Wuzzit?" Inamar asks sleepily. She rubs her eyes and blinks at Graven with reproach, then frowns and looks around for the source of that strange sound.

Remove ads