• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will anyone fill WOTC's shoes with 3E?

Would I stay or would I go?

• I would stay with 3E if a company stepped in to fill the void

Votes: 32 15.8%
  • I'm going on to 4E, no matter what.

Votes: 61 30.0%
  • I'll just go on to another RPG system.

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • I'm staying with 3E no matter what.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I'm doing something completely different (other)

Votes: 42 20.7%

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
TheAuldGrump said:
Sounds about right - unless Privateer Press updates the Iron Kingdoms to 4e then I will continue running 3.25.

Hmmm, yeah that might factor into it. Iron Hearts, Iron Men is an Iron Kingdoms campaign, after all. :D

/M

Sunderstone

First Post
Paizo folks like Erik, James, Jason, Greg, Wolfgang etc?
Without a doubt.... Yes.

Beyond that Im with Agamon, I have enough 3E/3.5E to last me till 5th Edition or later. Though how much WotC tweaks the Core might scare me off later editions as well.

Haloq Jakar

First Post
I will stick with 3.5. I personally don't feel like pumping more $ into Wizards pocket. After collecting over 20 hardbacks for 3.5 . I don't want to wait 6 more years for 4e to flesh out. I am comfortable with 3.5 and my players state emphatically they will not purchase 4e .

I had an Idea for this. A company or group of smaller ones making their own fixes to 3.5 that still allow it to be 3.5 but making their own PHB, DMG, and MM. An alternate to the main stream D&D and real competition.
Ive actually already started brainstorming ideas for this. I really hope some big wig is reading this, cause I'd like to work on that kind of project.

As it sits im keeping an eye on 4e but with some of the stuff learned today im going to stick with 3.5. Saga D&D does not appeal to me at all.

TessarrianDM

First Post
My players and I are not interested in switching to a new system. We will continue playing 3.5 in our homebrewed campaign. If I should decide to run an off-the-shelf campaign world, it will most likely be the Midnight setting (it is most like what I see for the future of my campaign world).

yipwyg42

First Post
I'll play 3.5 but when 4th edition comes out I will refuse to DM 3.5. I am in the process now of creating my own 3.5 feat compendium so I can get rid of the books.

I plan on running 1 more 3.5 game due to promising my friends I would run a game, which will be the first pathfinder adventure path. Should take about 6-7 months to go through it all, if not longer. Will be perfect, wraps up right when the new edition comes out.

Treebore

First Post
Arashi Ravenblade said:
I had an Idea for this. A company or group of smaller ones making their own fixes to 3.5 that still allow it to be 3.5 but making their own PHB, DMG, and MM. An alternate to the main stream D&D and real competition.
Ive actually already started brainstorming ideas for this. I really hope some big wig is reading this, cause I'd like to work on that kind of project.

As it sits im keeping an eye on 4e but with some of the stuff learned today im going to stick with 3.5. Saga D&D does not appeal to me at all.

Isn't one incarnation of this called True20?

Wik

First Post
I have to be honest. I'll switch to 4e when it comes out, after all the core books have been released and my STAP game has finished.

I mean, the idea of new settings being released is enough to catch me, right there.

And I think Pathfinder will switch - it makes sense.

That being said, I think in a few years, we'll see someone re-release the 3e PHB, and call it "OGL Fantasy" or something. That could be kind of fun.

And I'd be willing to BET that some company is going to make a hybrid version of 3.5E and 4E, and use that as a base and "middle ground" for those who want to run a game using their 3e material as well as new 4E material they've bought.

Remove ads