• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will the WOTC Gametable return or is it dead forever?

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Also, given that even the physical D&D miniatures sets are moving away from randomization, I think they got the point. Last I heard was that miniature use was just going to be a part of the cost of subscription.

This would be a new one to me. The last I read was that they assured everyone that they would not sell RANDOM minis and they were going to try to avoid charging for individual minis and instead charge for entire sets, but that it cost a lot of money to make 3d models and that the artists needed to be paid. Since it took so much time and money to make these art assets, they couldn't just include them in the price no matter how much people begged.

I can't find their FAQ about this anymore. But while it was still on their website, it went into detail about assuring people that they could still use tokens to represent the monsters, so the game table would be usable without paying for the 3d minis.

Of course, it seems to have vanished. I did look at the game table portion of their website and it says right now that it "comes with a selection of 3d minis". So, you could be right about the change.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads