• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will you be able to fix the broken links to "Pre-Breach" Enworld posts?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A discovery of sorts: if you can find a thread that has a quote type link, that link will still work, even across forums.

For example, while the links in my sig are broken, I did manage to find a post I made that quoted a post I had made in the "Campaign Resources" thread in my sig. When I clicked on THAT link,it took me to that other thread.

It's a small thing, but it may enable people to find things they're looking for while the admins are sorting through the wreckage.

Michael Morris

First Post
A discovery of sorts: if you can find a thread that has a quote type link, that link will still work, even across forums.

For example, while the links in my sig are broken, I did manage to find a post I made that quoted a post I had made in the "Campaign Resources" thread in my sig. When I clicked on THAT link,it took me to that other thread.

It's a small thing, but it may enable people to find things they're looking for while the admins are sorting through the wreckage.

Anyone have an example of one of the broken links?

Cleon

Legend
Like I said- click on the Campaign Ideas link in my sig, and it will take you nowhere right now. It used to take you here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?102706-Campaigns-in-a-nutshell-Adventures-in-a-sentence , and I was able to find it because I actually quoted a post in that thread and posted it elsewhere. That quote link was still effective.

Darjr's fixed the problem and the old links are now redirected to their new URLs. I checked a few formerly-broken links and they all worked.

Cleon

Legend
The ones in my sig are still broken.

Well all the previously broken links to threads and posts that I've tried recently worked OK.

Checking the URL in your sig, it looks like the new system isn't redirecting them properly. I suspect it isn't cutting the general-rpg-discussion out.

Have you tried changing the URLs in your sig?

I suspect the problem is a fairly simple one for the techies to fix, but they may take a bit of time to get around to it, and it beats waiting!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Some do, but some don't, namely: The Monk, Aquatic Ideas and The Psychonimicon links are still inoperable.

(But thanks so far, and thanks in advance!)

darjr

I crit!
Some do, but some don't, namely: The Monk, Aquatic Ideas and The Psychonimicon links are still inoperable.

(But thanks so far, and thanks in advance!)
erg, actually I think I broke them just after I said they were OK.

i think they go to the correct post, though 'The Monk' has a pp=15 a the end that I don't know what that is. Was it supposed to show only 15 posts?

Remove ads