• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Will you still play 3.5?

Psion

Adventurer
If you answer "yes", aren't you by definition not "making the switch". ;)

I'll play 4e with friends if that's what they are running, but our main group is likely to stay 3.5 for a while.

Fat Daddy

First Post
Either/Or

It doesn't matter to me. It's all about sitting around the table and getting some face time with my friends. If 4e does that, great. If it's still 3.5, thats great too. That being said, I am getting a nice warm feeling about 4e based on the information currently available.

Lucius Drake

First Post
Based on what I have seen of 4e so far, I doubt that I will run any 3.5 games after release, but I will be totally happy to play in them if other members of my group remain more comfortable with it from the DM side of things.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Play? Sure! But then I will play just about anything.

Run? No way! I am counting the days until I can finally put 3X behind me as a GM. I have some great players, but the game I'm running at the moment is extremely frustrating to run, and not that much fun (although it does have its moments).

--Steve

Acid_crash

First Post
I'm all for 4e, but I'm also not against 3.xe either, and I find it fun despite the rather unruly rules that come with it...

With my house rules the game is funner than under someone else, especially if they use standard core rules...

But I still enjoy the game.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
BluWolf said:
Less than ZERO interest in 4e.

Have reworked into a flavor of D20 that suits me fine. No need to move. After 28 years I am finally jumping off the edition bandwagon.

So when you found a thread that asked "For those making the switch..." You felt an appropriate response was "Less than ZERO interest in 4e"?

And I see nerfherder and Dungeonmastercal had similar responses. Thanks for that! :uhoh:

Zinegata

First Post
None of my group want to switch to 4E, and I'm the only one who wants to try the demo, so I suspect we won't switch for at least another year or two.

Remove ads