• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will you subscribe to DDI?

Will you be a DDI subscriber?

National Acrobat

First Post
I voted no simply because my group doesn't get together like they did fifteen or even two years ago, and when we do, we usually play 1E ADND or 3.0 DnD and won't spend the money on 4E or any of it's associated features/subscriptions, et al. We've been gaming together since 1989 and now can manage maybe once a month, and for us, it's purely a financial and time issue. No need to spend money on something new when we rarely get together, and get much enjoyment out of our exisiting materials.

Pygon

First Post
Probably.

The online material will be a boon.

However, I refuse to buy online miniatures. The game table should have enough of a variety of available resources for DMs to run a campaign. If it doesn't, then I won't be using it.

sidonunspa

First Post
Well,

I plan on trying it out for a few months, if I like it.. I will keep it.. if not.. I will drop it.

I will not buy onlie Miniatures, thats silly...

The online table top.. only for RPGA games that I may be invited to...

Mercule

Adventurer
I voted "yes", but what I really meant was, "If I play 4E, I'll subscribe."

Whether or not I play 4E depends on a number of factors, including quality of 4E and whether my group wants to continue with fantasy after my campaign raps or move to nWoD, Aces & Eights, etc.

The other GM in my group just got "Expedition to Castle Greyhawk" and I think he wants to run through that before jumping editions. What will probably end up happening is that we'll alternate weeks with him running ECG and me running nWoD.

If WotC offers an "early bird special" with a full-year rate of $80 or so, I'll probably do DDI even if I don't play 4E the first year.

Hmm... guess I should have said "probably".

lkjopajdowma

Explorer
I'm doubtful, but I can't say "no" for sure. If something happens and my group moves away from each other or something, it might end up worthwhile, but otherwise I doubt it.

Mallus

Legend
I'm excited by 4E, but probably not.

Though I could be tempted to sign for the DI and the whole virtual tabletop experience if some of my tactile world friends started running on-line campaigns.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads