• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will you subscribe to DDI?

Will you be a DDI subscriber?

Gothic_Demon

First Post
As a regular player and DM I'm sure that I'll buy the PH and sign up to DDI, even if it's only for Dragon and Dungeon. And even if I find I don't like 4e and never play it.

Li Shenron

Legend
I never had a Dragon or Dungeon suscription, so I'm not particularly going to need what's in DDI.
Also, I don't even have a credit card so it's going to be hard to even manage to subscribe...

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Yes, for Dragon, Dungeon and the extra content and dynamic errata for the books. I hope that the game table has good functionality because I might use it with a few friends that live abroad.

Jack99

Adventurer
Definitely, saves me money compared to what a dragon and dungeon subscription cost me.

If it turns out that it is really poorly implemented or poor quality, it is fairly easy to cancel the monthly payment :)

Lalato

Adventurer
I voted "Doubtful...", but it's really closer to "No" than that really. Without support for MacOS, I really can't see a reason to sign up for DDI beyond the Dragon and Dungeon content. As a player, Dungeon doesn't do anything for me so I would really only be paying for Dragon.

$10 per month for Dragon is a bit much for me. I went with "Doubtful..." because if the content is amazing I still might be swayed, but it is well... uhm... doubtful. ;)

If I were a DM, I could convince myself to go for both Dragon and Dungeon, but I'm not so I can't make that argument to myself. If there was support for MacOS, I would definitely do it just to try out the new tools.

--sam

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Doubtful - very doubtful. I subscribed to both Dragon and Dungeon from the time of the Wizards buyout of TSR through the end of the magazines, but I just can't get all that excited about electronic magazines. If anything, Dungeon may tempt me if they really make use of the electronic format to put out nifty add-ons that would take up too many pages in a print magazine but would be useful at the table. But I'm probably more likely to take that money and put it somewhere else.

The digital gaming table might (MIGHT) drag me in, once I finish school (again) and move away from my buddies here in Columbus. If everyone can/wants to do a long-distance game over the net we could use the gaming table. If I can't find anyone in the new town who wants to play, I can use the gaming table. But if neither of those things end up being true then it's doubtful I'd jump on for the gaming table - I prefer playing face-to-face over playing over the Internet.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I voted "probably," but they REALLY need to get their act together. October is little more than a week away, and they haven't even figured out how they'll handle subscriptions yet? Doesn't sound like a last-minute detail to me...

Very disappointing. If the content for Dragon/Dungeon is good, though, it should make up for it.

(contact)

Explorer
Someone in my circle of gamers will subscribe and give it a shot, and if it's good keep it. If it's poor quality, I'll kick it to the curb.

Remove ads